Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls' Joint Tour Not Happening
Backstreet Boys is not going on a tour with Spice Girls. A representative for the boyband has confirmed to MTV News that the reports about the boys planning to hit the road with the ladies from the British group are not true.
The touring rumors began swirling after Backstreet Boys' Brian Littrell allegedly told U.K. newspaper The Sun, "We are actually in early talks about maybe doing a world tour together with the Spice Girls."
According to Gossip Cop, Littrell's interview with the paper is not new. The site has also contacted Melanie Brown's rep, who has said that there's been no talk of a joint tour with the boys.
Backstreet Boys, however, will still be busy this year as they are set to headline their "In a World Like This" tour this summer. Avril Lavigne has been tapped to support the tour that will open in the U.S. on May 22.
"We really wanted to put together a great show and do our best to give everyone their money's worth," Littrell said in a press release earlier this month. "Avril is an unbelievably talented artist who's a perfect fit to make these shows extra special for our fans."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says