Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls' Joint Tour Not Happening
Backstreet Boys is not going on a tour with Spice Girls. A representative for the boyband has confirmed to MTV News that the reports about the boys planning to hit the road with the ladies from the British group are not true.
The touring rumors began swirling after Backstreet Boys' Brian Littrell allegedly told U.K. newspaper The Sun, "We are actually in early talks about maybe doing a world tour together with the Spice Girls."
According to Gossip Cop, Littrell's interview with the paper is not new. The site has also contacted Melanie Brown's rep, who has said that there's been no talk of a joint tour with the boys.
Backstreet Boys, however, will still be busy this year as they are set to headline their "In a World Like This" tour this summer. Avril Lavigne has been tapped to support the tour that will open in the U.S. on May 22.
"We really wanted to put together a great show and do our best to give everyone their money's worth," Littrell said in a press release earlier this month. "Avril is an unbelievably talented artist who's a perfect fit to make these shows extra special for our fans."
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group