Naomi Campbell Laughs When Asked About Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Vogue Cover
Naomi Campbell apparently is not a fan of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Vogue cover. During an interview with Australia's "The Morning Show" on Tuesday, March 25, the supermodel was asked about the pair's appearance on the magazine's cover. "I do not want to comment," Campbell said at first.
When asked why, Campbell burst into laughter. She then explained, "I'm a fashion model and I've been working for 28 years. And when you get a Vogue cover, it's a build in your career... a stepping stone to achieve that. And I'm a fashion model, what more can I say?"
"So you think that Kim and Kanye haven't earned the right to be on the cover of Vogue?" the show's host asked, to which she answered, "Those are your words." Campbell, who was on the magazine's covers many times, added, "I'm being politically correct. That's Anna Wintour's choice to put them on the cover of her magazine, who's to question it?"
Shortly after the cover was released, Sarah Michelle Gellar tweeted that she was thinking of canceling her subscription. "Who is with me?" she wrote. Jared Padalecki also slammed the cover, tweeting, "Not that I'm a Vogue reader, but, really?? Kim Kardashian? I thought it was supposed to be a magazine about class and style???"
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet