L'Wren Scott Laid to Rest in Private Funeral
A private funeral for L'Wren Scott has been held in Los Angeles. A spokesperson for Scott's longtime boyfriend Mick Jagger said in a statement that the member of The Rolling Stones as well as Scott's close friends and family members attended the funeral which took place at the Hollywood Forever Funeral Home on Tuesday, March 25.
"The service with blessings and prayers ... included memories and words of tribute from Mick Jagger, her brother Randy Bambrough, Justinian Kfoury, Ira M. Hammons-Glass and Adam Glassman," read the statement. The ceremony was led by the Rev. Ed Bacon of All Saints Church in Pasadena.
Jagger's daughters, Karis and Jade, and grandchildren read Psalms, Shakespeare and poetry during the ceremony. Singer Bernard Fowler, who is a longtime backing singer for The Rolling Stones, sang "Will the Circle Be Unbroken?" with Dave Stewart accompanying on guitar. The spokesperson Fran Curtis said that Scott was cremated in accordance to her wishes.
Scott was found dead by her assistant at her Manhattan apartment on Monday, March 17. New York City's medical examiner's office later ruled that the famed designer, whose fans include Sarah Jessica Parker, Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie, Michelle Obama and Penelope Cruz, died of suicide by hanging. Her boyfriend's band postponed their seven-date tour in Australia and New Zealand following the news.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'