L'Wren Scott Laid to Rest in Private Funeral
A private funeral for L'Wren Scott has been held in Los Angeles. A spokesperson for Scott's longtime boyfriend Mick Jagger said in a statement that the member of The Rolling Stones as well as Scott's close friends and family members attended the funeral which took place at the Hollywood Forever Funeral Home on Tuesday, March 25.
"The service with blessings and prayers ... included memories and words of tribute from Mick Jagger, her brother Randy Bambrough, Justinian Kfoury, Ira M. Hammons-Glass and Adam Glassman," read the statement. The ceremony was led by the Rev. Ed Bacon of All Saints Church in Pasadena.
Jagger's daughters, Karis and Jade, and grandchildren read Psalms, Shakespeare and poetry during the ceremony. Singer Bernard Fowler, who is a longtime backing singer for The Rolling Stones, sang "Will the Circle Be Unbroken?" with Dave Stewart accompanying on guitar. The spokesperson Fran Curtis said that Scott was cremated in accordance to her wishes.
Scott was found dead by her assistant at her Manhattan apartment on Monday, March 17. New York City's medical examiner's office later ruled that the famed designer, whose fans include Sarah Jessica Parker, Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie, Michelle Obama and Penelope Cruz, died of suicide by hanging. Her boyfriend's band postponed their seven-date tour in Australia and New Zealand following the news.
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November