L'Wren Scott Laid to Rest in Private Funeral
A private funeral for L'Wren Scott has been held in Los Angeles. A spokesperson for Scott's longtime boyfriend Mick Jagger said in a statement that the member of The Rolling Stones as well as Scott's close friends and family members attended the funeral which took place at the Hollywood Forever Funeral Home on Tuesday, March 25.
"The service with blessings and prayers ... included memories and words of tribute from Mick Jagger, her brother Randy Bambrough, Justinian Kfoury, Ira M. Hammons-Glass and Adam Glassman," read the statement. The ceremony was led by the Rev. Ed Bacon of All Saints Church in Pasadena.
Jagger's daughters, Karis and Jade, and grandchildren read Psalms, Shakespeare and poetry during the ceremony. Singer Bernard Fowler, who is a longtime backing singer for The Rolling Stones, sang "Will the Circle Be Unbroken?" with Dave Stewart accompanying on guitar. The spokesperson Fran Curtis said that Scott was cremated in accordance to her wishes.
Scott was found dead by her assistant at her Manhattan apartment on Monday, March 17. New York City's medical examiner's office later ruled that the famed designer, whose fans include Sarah Jessica Parker, Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie, Michelle Obama and Penelope Cruz, died of suicide by hanging. Her boyfriend's band postponed their seven-date tour in Australia and New Zealand following the news.
More Mick Jagger News
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton