L'Wren Scott Laid to Rest in Private Funeral
A private funeral for L'Wren Scott has been held in Los Angeles. A spokesperson for Scott's longtime boyfriend Mick Jagger said in a statement that the member of The Rolling Stones as well as Scott's close friends and family members attended the funeral which took place at the Hollywood Forever Funeral Home on Tuesday, March 25.
"The service with blessings and prayers ... included memories and words of tribute from Mick Jagger, her brother Randy Bambrough, Justinian Kfoury, Ira M. Hammons-Glass and Adam Glassman," read the statement. The ceremony was led by the Rev. Ed Bacon of All Saints Church in Pasadena.
Jagger's daughters, Karis and Jade, and grandchildren read Psalms, Shakespeare and poetry during the ceremony. Singer Bernard Fowler, who is a longtime backing singer for The Rolling Stones, sang "Will the Circle Be Unbroken?" with Dave Stewart accompanying on guitar. The spokesperson Fran Curtis said that Scott was cremated in accordance to her wishes.
Scott was found dead by her assistant at her Manhattan apartment on Monday, March 17. New York City's medical examiner's office later ruled that the famed designer, whose fans include Sarah Jessica Parker, Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie, Michelle Obama and Penelope Cruz, died of suicide by hanging. Her boyfriend's band postponed their seven-date tour in Australia and New Zealand following the news.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones