L'Wren Scott Laid to Rest in Private Funeral
A private funeral for L'Wren Scott has been held in Los Angeles. A spokesperson for Scott's longtime boyfriend Mick Jagger said in a statement that the member of The Rolling Stones as well as Scott's close friends and family members attended the funeral which took place at the Hollywood Forever Funeral Home on Tuesday, March 25.
"The service with blessings and prayers ... included memories and words of tribute from Mick Jagger, her brother Randy Bambrough, Justinian Kfoury, Ira M. Hammons-Glass and Adam Glassman," read the statement. The ceremony was led by the Rev. Ed Bacon of All Saints Church in Pasadena.
Jagger's daughters, Karis and Jade, and grandchildren read Psalms, Shakespeare and poetry during the ceremony. Singer Bernard Fowler, who is a longtime backing singer for The Rolling Stones, sang "Will the Circle Be Unbroken?" with Dave Stewart accompanying on guitar. The spokesperson Fran Curtis said that Scott was cremated in accordance to her wishes.
Scott was found dead by her assistant at her Manhattan apartment on Monday, March 17. New York City's medical examiner's office later ruled that the famed designer, whose fans include Sarah Jessica Parker, Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie, Michelle Obama and Penelope Cruz, died of suicide by hanging. Her boyfriend's band postponed their seven-date tour in Australia and New Zealand following the news.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked