Shakira Plays a Runaway Bride in 'Empire' Music Video
Shakira has debuted the music video for "Empire", the newest single off her newly-released self-titled album "Shakira". "To celebrate album release day, here's the brand new video for Empire!" the Latin singer alerted her fans on Twitter on Tuesday, March 25 and attached a link to the clip.
Co-directed by Darren Craig, Jonathan Craven and Jeff Nicholas, the clip opens with Shakira dressing up as a bride in a white wedding gown but she refuses to walk down the aisle. Just seconds after the church's doors open, she drops her flower bouquet, turns around and runs away to an open field.
Later in the video, the star is seen returning to the church which is now in ruins. She emotionally sings the mid-tempo rock ballad while clad in a low-cut black dress.
"Shakira" is the 37-year-old entertainer's tenth studio album. Upon its release, the record received generally positive reviews. In addition to "Empire", it has spawned another single called "Can't Remember to Forget You" which was recorded with Rihanna.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences