Shakira Plays a Runaway Bride in 'Empire' Music Video
Shakira has debuted the music video for "Empire", the newest single off her newly-released self-titled album "Shakira". "To celebrate album release day, here's the brand new video for Empire!" the Latin singer alerted her fans on Twitter on Tuesday, March 25 and attached a link to the clip.
Co-directed by Darren Craig, Jonathan Craven and Jeff Nicholas, the clip opens with Shakira dressing up as a bride in a white wedding gown but she refuses to walk down the aisle. Just seconds after the church's doors open, she drops her flower bouquet, turns around and runs away to an open field.
Later in the video, the star is seen returning to the church which is now in ruins. She emotionally sings the mid-tempo rock ballad while clad in a low-cut black dress.
"Shakira" is the 37-year-old entertainer's tenth studio album. Upon its release, the record received generally positive reviews. In addition to "Empire", it has spawned another single called "Can't Remember to Forget You" which was recorded with Rihanna.
Shakira's "Empire" music video
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development