Shakira Plays a Runaway Bride in 'Empire' Music Video
Shakira has debuted the music video for "Empire", the newest single off her newly-released self-titled album "Shakira". "To celebrate album release day, here's the brand new video for Empire!" the Latin singer alerted her fans on Twitter on Tuesday, March 25 and attached a link to the clip.
Co-directed by Darren Craig, Jonathan Craven and Jeff Nicholas, the clip opens with Shakira dressing up as a bride in a white wedding gown but she refuses to walk down the aisle. Just seconds after the church's doors open, she drops her flower bouquet, turns around and runs away to an open field.
Later in the video, the star is seen returning to the church which is now in ruins. She emotionally sings the mid-tempo rock ballad while clad in a low-cut black dress.
"Shakira" is the 37-year-old entertainer's tenth studio album. Upon its release, the record received generally positive reviews. In addition to "Empire", it has spawned another single called "Can't Remember to Forget You" which was recorded with Rihanna.
Shakira's "Empire" music video
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors