Shakira Plays a Runaway Bride in 'Empire' Music Video
Shakira has debuted the music video for "Empire", the newest single off her newly-released self-titled album "Shakira". "To celebrate album release day, here's the brand new video for Empire!" the Latin singer alerted her fans on Twitter on Tuesday, March 25 and attached a link to the clip.
Co-directed by Darren Craig, Jonathan Craven and Jeff Nicholas, the clip opens with Shakira dressing up as a bride in a white wedding gown but she refuses to walk down the aisle. Just seconds after the church's doors open, she drops her flower bouquet, turns around and runs away to an open field.
Later in the video, the star is seen returning to the church which is now in ruins. She emotionally sings the mid-tempo rock ballad while clad in a low-cut black dress.
"Shakira" is the 37-year-old entertainer's tenth studio album. Upon its release, the record received generally positive reviews. In addition to "Empire", it has spawned another single called "Can't Remember to Forget You" which was recorded with Rihanna.
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover