'Edge of Tomorrow' New Trailer: Emily Blunt Shoots Tom Cruise in the Face
A fresh trailer for sci-fi film "Edge of Tomorrow" has arrived. It's filled with new footage that tells the story of Tom Cruise as Lt. Col. Bill Cage in a suicide mission against aliens. He gets trained by a fellow soldier played by Emily Blunt, but it's not a usual war story. At one point, when he broke his leg after a hard long training session, she shoots him in the face in order for them to "reset."
In this movie, death is a way to "start over" again. Cruise's character finds himself waking up in the past and repeatedly returning to war and reliving a fatal battle. As he passes through each time loop in an attempt to change his fate, he meets Rita Vrataski (Blunt) who offers to train him so that he can survive the war and solve the mystery in the process. As his death and resurrection repeat time and time again, his skill as a soldier grows.
Based on Hiroshi Sakurazaka's Japanese novel "All You Need Is Kill", the film is scheduled to make its way out in the United States on June 6 this year. Coming from "The Bourne Identity" and "Mr and Mrs Smith" director Doug Liman, it is supported by Jeremy Piven, Lara Pulver, and Marianne Jean-Baptiste among others.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences