'Edge of Tomorrow' New Trailer: Emily Blunt Shoots Tom Cruise in the Face
A fresh trailer for sci-fi film "Edge of Tomorrow" has arrived. It's filled with new footage that tells the story of Tom Cruise as Lt. Col. Bill Cage in a suicide mission against aliens. He gets trained by a fellow soldier played by Emily Blunt, but it's not a usual war story. At one point, when he broke his leg after a hard long training session, she shoots him in the face in order for them to "reset."
In this movie, death is a way to "start over" again. Cruise's character finds himself waking up in the past and repeatedly returning to war and reliving a fatal battle. As he passes through each time loop in an attempt to change his fate, he meets Rita Vrataski (Blunt) who offers to train him so that he can survive the war and solve the mystery in the process. As his death and resurrection repeat time and time again, his skill as a soldier grows.
Based on Hiroshi Sakurazaka's Japanese novel "All You Need Is Kill", the film is scheduled to make its way out in the United States on June 6 this year. Coming from "The Bourne Identity" and "Mr and Mrs Smith" director Doug Liman, it is supported by Jeremy Piven, Lara Pulver, and Marianne Jean-Baptiste among others.
More Edge of Tomorrow News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage