'Edge of Tomorrow' New Trailer: Emily Blunt Shoots Tom Cruise in the Face
A fresh trailer for sci-fi film "Edge of Tomorrow" has arrived. It's filled with new footage that tells the story of Tom Cruise as Lt. Col. Bill Cage in a suicide mission against aliens. He gets trained by a fellow soldier played by Emily Blunt, but it's not a usual war story. At one point, when he broke his leg after a hard long training session, she shoots him in the face in order for them to "reset."
In this movie, death is a way to "start over" again. Cruise's character finds himself waking up in the past and repeatedly returning to war and reliving a fatal battle. As he passes through each time loop in an attempt to change his fate, he meets Rita Vrataski (Blunt) who offers to train him so that he can survive the war and solve the mystery in the process. As his death and resurrection repeat time and time again, his skill as a soldier grows.
Based on Hiroshi Sakurazaka's Japanese novel "All You Need Is Kill", the film is scheduled to make its way out in the United States on June 6 this year. Coming from "The Bourne Identity" and "Mr and Mrs Smith" director Doug Liman, it is supported by Jeremy Piven, Lara Pulver, and Marianne Jean-Baptiste among others.
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'