Crash Which Killed Paul Walker Was Caused by 'Unsafe Speed'
More info of the fatal car crash which killed Paul Walker has been released. Los Angeles County Sheriff's Commander Mike Parker said on Tuesday, March 25 that speed was the cause of the accident, not mechanical failure.
"Investigators determined the cause of the fatal solo-vehicle collision was unsafe speed for the roadway conditions," Parker said. The 2005 Porsche Carrera GT which was driven by Walker's friend Roger Rodas traveled "between 80 and 93 mph at the time the car impacted a power pole and several trees." Speed limit for the Santa Clarita, California area was 45 mph.
Per autopsy results, both men did not consume alcohol or drugs prior to the accident which took place on November 30. They also wore seat belts when driving and the air bags were deployed when the car hit the tree and light pole.
The car, however, had a modified exhaust system which allowed it to go faster. The tires, which were more than 9 years old, might contribute to the accident.
According to coroner's report, Walker and Rodas were found in "pugilistic" stance, which means they were bracing for impact. He suffered from fractures on left jawbone, collarbone, pelvis, ribs, spine, right wrist and left arm while Rodas "rapidly died of severe blunt head, neck and chest trauma."
Walker was taking part in "Fast and Furious 7" when he died at the age of 40. The production of the movie was halted for months, but will resume this month.
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says