Two More Doctors Check Out of 'Grey's Anatomy'
"Grey's Anatomy" is losing two more doctors this season. After Sandra Oh announced her decision to leave the series at the end of season 10, it's now reported that Tessa Ferrer and Gaius Charles won't return as series regulars for the upcoming 11th season.
According to Deadline, the contracts for the Leah Murphy and the Shane Ross depicters, who were promoted to series regulars along with Camilla Luddington and Jerikka Hinton for season 10, are not picked up for next season. It's unknown if they will still appear as guest stars in the yet-to-be announced 11th season.
Last August, Oh said she decided to exit the long-running medical drama series due to creative reason. "Creatively, I really feel like I gave it my all, and I feel ready to let her go," she told The Hollywood Reporter at the time, adding that she got the sense that her character Cristina Yang "wants to be let go."
"Grey's" alum Isaiah Washington will return as Dr. Preston Burke in a May episode to help send Cristina off. "Burke is vital to that journey - he gives her story that full-circle moment we need to properly say goodbye to our beloved Cristina Yang," series creator Shonda Rhimes explained.
Cristina and Preston had a romantic relationship in the first three seasons. The last time viewers saw him, he left Cristina at the altar because he felt that she didn't actually want to get married.
"Grey's Anatomy" airs Thursdays, at 9 P.M. on ABC.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video