Two More Doctors Check Out of 'Grey's Anatomy'
"Grey's Anatomy" is losing two more doctors this season. After Sandra Oh announced her decision to leave the series at the end of season 10, it's now reported that Tessa Ferrer and Gaius Charles won't return as series regulars for the upcoming 11th season.
According to Deadline, the contracts for the Leah Murphy and the Shane Ross depicters, who were promoted to series regulars along with Camilla Luddington and Jerikka Hinton for season 10, are not picked up for next season. It's unknown if they will still appear as guest stars in the yet-to-be announced 11th season.
Last August, Oh said she decided to exit the long-running medical drama series due to creative reason. "Creatively, I really feel like I gave it my all, and I feel ready to let her go," she told The Hollywood Reporter at the time, adding that she got the sense that her character Cristina Yang "wants to be let go."
"Grey's" alum Isaiah Washington will return as Dr. Preston Burke in a May episode to help send Cristina off. "Burke is vital to that journey - he gives her story that full-circle moment we need to properly say goodbye to our beloved Cristina Yang," series creator Shonda Rhimes explained.
Cristina and Preston had a romantic relationship in the first three seasons. The last time viewers saw him, he left Cristina at the altar because he felt that she didn't actually want to get married.
"Grey's Anatomy" airs Thursdays, at 9 P.M. on ABC.
More Grey's Anatomy News
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC