Demi Lovato and Kathy Griffin Exchange Heated Words
Kathy Griffin set a war of words against Demi Lovato when she called the singer a "douche." The comedienne was asked to share the "biggest douche celebrity" she had ever met and quickly mentioned Lovato's name.
"Probably [Demi] Lovato," Griffin wrote, mistakenly writing the singer's name "Debbie." She added, "Plus she should calm the f down bout Lady GaGa gettin barfed on." The tweet was later taken down but Lovato found out about it anyway.
In her response, Lovato shared a selfie in which she was sticking her tongue out while Griffin was standing in the background. "Only a 'douche' to people I can't stand," she captioned the photo. The post was also taken down later.
Griffin received hate messages from Lovato's fans and she retweeted most of them. She noted, "FYI I did NOT delete my incredibly innocuous tweet re @ddlovato. Apologies 2 twitter if the #lovatics death threats violate code of conduct!"
Lovato criticized Lady GaGa two weeks ago when the Mother Monster played a puking scene at her SXSW performance. Lovato slammed GaGa for glorifying bulimia, saying it was neither "cool" nor "artsy." GaGa responded to her, saying in an interview, "I am very supportive of Demi's struggle and her recovery as well as the recovery of anyone who is suffering from that. But this performance had absolutely nothing to do with any eating disorder, and we never intended for it to be taken that way."
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons
- Kris Planning 'Revenge Memoir' About Caitlyn Jenner
- Jenelle Evans 'Devastated' After Losing Custody Battle to Mom Over Son Jace
- Batman Teams Up With a Supervillain in 'Batman and Harley Quinn' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Suffers Another Wardrobe Malfunction in High-Slit Dress at amfAR Gala