Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Announce Separation Following Cheating Rumors
It's over between, Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin. The couple, who has been married for 10 years and has two children, announced their separation in a blog post on Tuesday, March 25 under the title "Conscious Uncoupling".
"It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate," they announced in her lifestyle blog Goop. "We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate."
Paltrow and Martin met in 2002 and got married a year later when she found out she was pregnant. Their first child, a daughter named Apple was born in May 2004, while their second child, a son named Moses was born two years later.
"We are, however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time. We have always conducted our relationship privately, and we hope that as we consciously uncouple and coparent, we will be able to continue in the same manner," the post continued.
Last year, Paltrow admitted to Glamour U.K. that being married was not easy, saying, "It's hard being married. You go through great times, you go through terrible times. We're the same as any couple." In recent months, the actress was hit by affair rumors but she denied it through her rep, saying she had only met entertainment lawyer Kevin Yorn on a flight.
She was also rumored having an affair with Miami billionaire Jeff Soffer back in 2008 and a reporter of Vanity Fair was reportedly going deep into it. The takedown article that would be run by the publication on the Oscar-winner revealed that perhaps the efforts by the actress to prevent the story from being put together is to conceal an alleged affair.
The magazine's editor-in-chief Graydon Carter wrote in the March issue editor letter, "...An actress throwing a hissy fit is hardly news. But the extreme ferocity of Paltrow's outrage set off alarm bells throughout the dark regions of the celebrity-mining industry. The overall theory: she must have something to hide."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant