'Prometheus' Sequel Gets 'Green Lantern' Writer
Fox is moving forward with its untitled Prometheus sequel. Michael Green ("Green Lantern") is tapped to write a follow-up story for Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) who escapes an alien-occupied planet with the help of the android David (Michael Fassbender).
Green whose credits also include "Smallville" and "Heroes" is expected to polish the original draft previously penned by Jack Paglen ("Transcendence"). The Wrap reports that the second "Prometheus" film could feature multiple "David" androids.
Ridley Scott will return as a producer and might reprise his role as a director as well. Rumor has it, the untitled Ridley Scott project which is set for March 4, 2016 is actually "Prometheus 2". Production will reportedly begin this fall after Scott is done with his biblical pic, "Exodus", which stars Christian Bale.
The first film was set as a loose prequel for Scott's 1979 sci-fi "Alien". Damon Lindelof wrote the screenplay, but he couldn't return for the sequel due to scheduling conflicts. "After the movie came out and discussions began about a possible sequel, I was already neck deep in writing and producing 'Tomorrowland' with Brad Bird," he once said.
Aside from developing "Prometheus" sequel, Scott is working on a new "Blade Runner" movie, which Green also writes.
More Alien: Covenant News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed