Rihanna to Be Honored With 2014 Fashion Icon Awards
Rihanna will be honored for her fashion choice. The Barbadian singer is selected by the Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. to receive the 2014 Fashion Icon Awards on June 2 in New York at Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall.
"We are proud to present Rihanna with the CFDA Fashion Icon Award for her impact on the industry as fashion's most exciting ambassador in recent memory," Steven Kolb, CEO of CFDA, said in a statement. The 26-year-old will follow the footsteps of Kate Moss and Lady GaGa in receiving the award.
The award is given to one whose style has made a tremendous impact on pop culture around the world. Rihanna has designed her own collection for Armani in the past and is the star of Balmain's spring 2014 campaign. She has befriended designer Karl Lagerfeld and sat front-row at two of Chanel's recent fashion shows.
Rihanna's fashion choice is backed up by stylist Mel Ottenberg and costume designer Adam Selman.
More Rihanna News
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer