Rihanna to Be Honored With 2014 Fashion Icon Awards
Rihanna will be honored for her fashion choice. The Barbadian singer is selected by the Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. to receive the 2014 Fashion Icon Awards on June 2 in New York at Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall.
"We are proud to present Rihanna with the CFDA Fashion Icon Award for her impact on the industry as fashion's most exciting ambassador in recent memory," Steven Kolb, CEO of CFDA, said in a statement. The 26-year-old will follow the footsteps of Kate Moss and Lady GaGa in receiving the award.
The award is given to one whose style has made a tremendous impact on pop culture around the world. Rihanna has designed her own collection for Armani in the past and is the star of Balmain's spring 2014 campaign. She has befriended designer Karl Lagerfeld and sat front-row at two of Chanel's recent fashion shows.
Rihanna's fashion choice is backed up by stylist Mel Ottenberg and costume designer Adam Selman.
More Rihanna News
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia