Rihanna to Be Honored With 2014 Fashion Icon Awards
Rihanna will be honored for her fashion choice. The Barbadian singer is selected by the Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. to receive the 2014 Fashion Icon Awards on June 2 in New York at Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall.
"We are proud to present Rihanna with the CFDA Fashion Icon Award for her impact on the industry as fashion's most exciting ambassador in recent memory," Steven Kolb, CEO of CFDA, said in a statement. The 26-year-old will follow the footsteps of Kate Moss and Lady GaGa in receiving the award.
The award is given to one whose style has made a tremendous impact on pop culture around the world. Rihanna has designed her own collection for Armani in the past and is the star of Balmain's spring 2014 campaign. She has befriended designer Karl Lagerfeld and sat front-row at two of Chanel's recent fashion shows.
Rihanna's fashion choice is backed up by stylist Mel Ottenberg and costume designer Adam Selman.
More Rihanna News
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'