Rihanna to Be Honored With 2014 Fashion Icon Awards
Rihanna will be honored for her fashion choice. The Barbadian singer is selected by the Council of Fashion Designers of America, Inc. to receive the 2014 Fashion Icon Awards on June 2 in New York at Lincoln Center's Alice Tully Hall.
"We are proud to present Rihanna with the CFDA Fashion Icon Award for her impact on the industry as fashion's most exciting ambassador in recent memory," Steven Kolb, CEO of CFDA, said in a statement. The 26-year-old will follow the footsteps of Kate Moss and Lady GaGa in receiving the award.
The award is given to one whose style has made a tremendous impact on pop culture around the world. Rihanna has designed her own collection for Armani in the past and is the star of Balmain's spring 2014 campaign. She has befriended designer Karl Lagerfeld and sat front-row at two of Chanel's recent fashion shows.
Rihanna's fashion choice is backed up by stylist Mel Ottenberg and costume designer Adam Selman.
More Rihanna News
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour