'American Horror Story' Season 4 Subtitle and Logo Revealed
"American Horror Story" season 4 has got a subtitle. Series creator Ryan Muprhy took to Twitter on Monday, March 24 to reveal that the upcoming installment of the FX series would be called "Freak Show". He also shared the logo, captioning it simply with, "AMERICAN HORROR STORY SEASON FOUR."
It was reported before that the fourth season would focus on a "carnival" theme. Writer Douglas Petrie coyly said, "That's the idea, that's very roughly the idea." He confirmed that the next season would be split over two time periods, saying, "It's a combination of two time periods, with the main one being the 1950s."
Petrie added that the new installment would maintain the level of humor featured in the third season. "I like that we had a lot of comedy in this year, and I like the comic characters, so I think that will remain," he said during the Nerdist Writers Panel podcast earlier March.
Jessica Lange has signed up to return, playing a new character who will be speaking in German accent. Entertainment Weekly has just uncovered more details, saying that the show will be set in Jupiter, Florida.
Lange will reportedly play a German ex-pat who is managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S. Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, and Frances Conroy will play performers whom Lange's character has rescued. The group of "unusuals" will do anything to keep their business around. Denis O'Hare and Emma Roberts are said in talks to return as well.
"AHS" season 4 will likely premiere in October on FX.
More American Horror Story News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March