'American Horror Story' Season 4 Subtitle and Logo Revealed
"American Horror Story" season 4 has got a subtitle. Series creator Ryan Muprhy took to Twitter on Monday, March 24 to reveal that the upcoming installment of the FX series would be called "Freak Show". He also shared the logo, captioning it simply with, "AMERICAN HORROR STORY SEASON FOUR."
It was reported before that the fourth season would focus on a "carnival" theme. Writer Douglas Petrie coyly said, "That's the idea, that's very roughly the idea." He confirmed that the next season would be split over two time periods, saying, "It's a combination of two time periods, with the main one being the 1950s."
Petrie added that the new installment would maintain the level of humor featured in the third season. "I like that we had a lot of comedy in this year, and I like the comic characters, so I think that will remain," he said during the Nerdist Writers Panel podcast earlier March.
Jessica Lange has signed up to return, playing a new character who will be speaking in German accent. Entertainment Weekly has just uncovered more details, saying that the show will be set in Jupiter, Florida.
Lange will reportedly play a German ex-pat who is managing one of the last freak shows in the U.S. Kathy Bates, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, and Frances Conroy will play performers whom Lange's character has rescued. The group of "unusuals" will do anything to keep their business around. Denis O'Hare and Emma Roberts are said in talks to return as well.
"AHS" season 4 will likely premiere in October on FX.
More American Horror Story News
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney