Jay-Z Disses Drake in Jay Electronica's 'We Made It' Remix
Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 1 in /home/aceshow/public_html/mobile/m_php/amp_nview.php on line 702
Drake dropped not-so-nice words about fellow rapper Jay-Z's raps in his now-controversial interview with Rolling Stone. In it, the Toronto MC said that Hova couldn't rap any verses without making any art references.
Jay is clearly not happy with Drizzy's comment about his music. The Brooklyn native decides to call out the "Started from the Bottom" hitmaker as he addresses the matter in the verses featured in Jay Electronica's remix of Soulja Boy's "We Made It".
"Sorry Mrs. Drizzy for so much art talk," Jay raps. "Silly me, rappin' 'bout s**t that I really bought/ While these rappers rap about guns that they ain't shot/ And a bunch of other silly s**t that they ain't got."
In the interview with the music magazine last month, Drake was quoted as saying, "It's like Hov can't drop bars these days without at least four art references. I would love to collect [art] at some point, but I think the whole Rap/art world thing is getting kind of corny."
Rihanna's rumored boyfriend also criticized the lyrics of Kanye West's songs. "There were some real questionable bars on there," Drake continued. "Like that Swag-hili line? Come on man, man. Even Fabolous wouldn't say some s**t like that."
More Jay-Z News
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single