Jay-Z Disses Drake in Jay Electronica's 'We Made It' Remix
Drake dropped not-so-nice words about fellow rapper Jay-Z's raps in his now-controversial interview with Rolling Stone. In it, the Toronto MC said that Hova couldn't rap any verses without making any art references.
Jay is clearly not happy with Drizzy's comment about his music. The Brooklyn native decides to call out the "Started from the Bottom" hitmaker as he addresses the matter in the verses featured in Jay Electronica's remix of Soulja Boy's "We Made It".
"Sorry Mrs. Drizzy for so much art talk," Jay raps. "Silly me, rappin' 'bout s**t that I really bought/ While these rappers rap about guns that they ain't shot/ And a bunch of other silly s**t that they ain't got."
In the interview with the music magazine last month, Drake was quoted as saying, "It's like Hov can't drop bars these days without at least four art references. I would love to collect [art] at some point, but I think the whole Rap/art world thing is getting kind of corny."
Rihanna's rumored boyfriend also criticized the lyrics of Kanye West's songs. "There were some real questionable bars on there," Drake continued. "Like that Swag-hili line? Come on man, man. Even Fabolous wouldn't say some s**t like that."
More Jay-Z News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'