'Penny Dreadful' Unleashes New Disturbing Teaser
Another teaser trailer for Showtime's upcoming series "Penny Dreadful" has made its way out online. While not sharing any new scenes from the show, the newest promo video reveals the inspiration behind the psychosexual horror series.
"There is a reason why all things are as they are," a female voiceover is reading a quote from Bram Stoker's "Dracula". A man continues with a line from "Frankenstein", "There is something at work in my soul which I do not understand." The classic literatures appear to be written on a book, which is stitched together like human skin.
From creator John Logan ("The Aviator", "Hugo"), "Penny Dreadful" takes place in Victorian London and weaves together the classic origin stories of horror icons like Dr. Frankenstein and his creature, Dorian Grey, and several characters from the novel Dracula.
Eva Green stars as Vanessa Ives, a "seductive and formidable beauty full of secrets and danger." She will prove herself a force to be reckoned with and is the heroine of the series.
Josh Hartnett is cast as Ethan Chandler, a fake American cowboy who impresses Victorian women, but has a dark side. He isn't afraid of violence and is more complicated than he likes to admit.
Harry Treadaway plays Victor Frankenstein, Reeve Carney lands the role of the immortal Dorian Gray, and Billie Piper stars as Brona Croft, an Irish immigrant seeking to escape her dark past.
Logan serves as executive producer alongside Sam Mendes and Pippa Harris. The new series is set to debut Sunday, May 11 at 10 P.M. ET/PT on Showtime.
Your browser does not support iframes.
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'