Jennifer Jason Leigh and Bella Thorne Set for New 'Amityville' Horror Movie
New "Amityville" horror movie has an update. The Wrap learns that "Revenge" star Jennifer Jason Leigh and Disney star Bella Thorne are tapped for the project. The former will play a single mother who moves her three kids into a house which has a very dark history.
Written and directed by Casey La Scala and Daniel Farrands, the film will be ready for January 2, 2015 release. According to Bloody Disgusting, Franck Khalfoun ("Maniac") will serve behind the lens. Jason Blum ("Insidious", "The Purge", "The Conjuring") is on board as producer.
The original "Amityville" movie came out in 1979, based on Jay Anson's non-fiction book about a haunted house in Amityville, New York. It got a remake in 2005 starring Ryan Reynolds and Chloe Moretz. The upcoming movie was originally titled "The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes" with found-footage angle.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding