Jennifer Jason Leigh and Bella Thorne Set for New 'Amityville' Horror Movie
New "Amityville" horror movie has an update. The Wrap learns that "Revenge" star Jennifer Jason Leigh and Disney star Bella Thorne are tapped for the project. The former will play a single mother who moves her three kids into a house which has a very dark history.
Written and directed by Casey La Scala and Daniel Farrands, the film will be ready for January 2, 2015 release. According to Bloody Disgusting, Franck Khalfoun ("Maniac") will serve behind the lens. Jason Blum ("Insidious", "The Purge", "The Conjuring") is on board as producer.
The original "Amityville" movie came out in 1979, based on Jay Anson's non-fiction book about a haunted house in Amityville, New York. It got a remake in 2005 starring Ryan Reynolds and Chloe Moretz. The upcoming movie was originally titled "The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes" with found-footage angle.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March