Jennifer Jason Leigh and Bella Thorne Set for New 'Amityville' Horror Movie
New "Amityville" horror movie has an update. The Wrap learns that "Revenge" star Jennifer Jason Leigh and Disney star Bella Thorne are tapped for the project. The former will play a single mother who moves her three kids into a house which has a very dark history.
Written and directed by Casey La Scala and Daniel Farrands, the film will be ready for January 2, 2015 release. According to Bloody Disgusting, Franck Khalfoun ("Maniac") will serve behind the lens. Jason Blum ("Insidious", "The Purge", "The Conjuring") is on board as producer.
The original "Amityville" movie came out in 1979, based on Jay Anson's non-fiction book about a haunted house in Amityville, New York. It got a remake in 2005 starring Ryan Reynolds and Chloe Moretz. The upcoming movie was originally titled "The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes" with found-footage angle.
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer