Jennifer Jason Leigh and Bella Thorne Set for New 'Amityville' Horror Movie
New "Amityville" horror movie has an update. The Wrap learns that "Revenge" star Jennifer Jason Leigh and Disney star Bella Thorne are tapped for the project. The former will play a single mother who moves her three kids into a house which has a very dark history.
Written and directed by Casey La Scala and Daniel Farrands, the film will be ready for January 2, 2015 release. According to Bloody Disgusting, Franck Khalfoun ("Maniac") will serve behind the lens. Jason Blum ("Insidious", "The Purge", "The Conjuring") is on board as producer.
The original "Amityville" movie came out in 1979, based on Jay Anson's non-fiction book about a haunted house in Amityville, New York. It got a remake in 2005 starring Ryan Reynolds and Chloe Moretz. The upcoming movie was originally titled "The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes" with found-footage angle.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic