Jennifer Jason Leigh and Bella Thorne Set for New 'Amityville' Horror Movie
New "Amityville" horror movie has an update. The Wrap learns that "Revenge" star Jennifer Jason Leigh and Disney star Bella Thorne are tapped for the project. The former will play a single mother who moves her three kids into a house which has a very dark history.
Written and directed by Casey La Scala and Daniel Farrands, the film will be ready for January 2, 2015 release. According to Bloody Disgusting, Franck Khalfoun ("Maniac") will serve behind the lens. Jason Blum ("Insidious", "The Purge", "The Conjuring") is on board as producer.
The original "Amityville" movie came out in 1979, based on Jay Anson's non-fiction book about a haunted house in Amityville, New York. It got a remake in 2005 starring Ryan Reynolds and Chloe Moretz. The upcoming movie was originally titled "The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes" with found-footage angle.
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo