Bryan Singer Plans to Include Gambit and Nightcrawler in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Gambit and Nightcrawler could appear in "X-Men: Apocalypse", Bryan Singer said when revealing to Cine Premiere his plan for the next project. It will mark Gambit's return since 2009's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". Nightcrawler, meanwhile, first appeared in 2003's "X2".
"I'm considering Gambit and potentially a young Nightcrawler for Apocalypse," he said. "[We were] going to have Nightcrawler [in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'] and even wrote a scene, but I felt that we were forcing too many mutants in known history."
Nighcrawler was a major character in the second "X-Men" film which was also directed by Singer. Portrayed by Alan Cumming, the blue-skinned mutant was brainwashed into trying to assassin the President of the United States.
Meanwhile, Gambit was played by Taylor Kitsch in the first Wolverine solo movie helmed by Gavin Hood. Channing Tatum was originally set to play the mutant in 2006's "X-Men: The Last Stand", but the character was cut off from the story. When he was eventually included in the first "Wolverine" film, the "Magic Mike" hunk was already signed on for "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra".
"Days of Future Past" will arrive in U.S. theaters starting May 23 this year. "Apocalypse" who will address the origin of mutants will follow on May 27, 2016, while the third "Wolverine" solo movie is scheduled for March 3, 2017.
More X-Men: Apocalypse News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby