Bryan Singer Plans to Include Gambit and Nightcrawler in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Gambit and Nightcrawler could appear in "X-Men: Apocalypse", Bryan Singer said when revealing to Cine Premiere his plan for the next project. It will mark Gambit's return since 2009's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". Nightcrawler, meanwhile, first appeared in 2003's "X2".
"I'm considering Gambit and potentially a young Nightcrawler for Apocalypse," he said. "[We were] going to have Nightcrawler [in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'] and even wrote a scene, but I felt that we were forcing too many mutants in known history."
Nighcrawler was a major character in the second "X-Men" film which was also directed by Singer. Portrayed by Alan Cumming, the blue-skinned mutant was brainwashed into trying to assassin the President of the United States.
Meanwhile, Gambit was played by Taylor Kitsch in the first Wolverine solo movie helmed by Gavin Hood. Channing Tatum was originally set to play the mutant in 2006's "X-Men: The Last Stand", but the character was cut off from the story. When he was eventually included in the first "Wolverine" film, the "Magic Mike" hunk was already signed on for "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra".
"Days of Future Past" will arrive in U.S. theaters starting May 23 this year. "Apocalypse" who will address the origin of mutants will follow on May 27, 2016, while the third "Wolverine" solo movie is scheduled for March 3, 2017.
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'