'Homeland' Actor James Rebhorn Dies From Skin Cancer
Actor James Rebhorn, who appeared on "Homeland", passed away at the age of 65. As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, his agent Dianne Busch said that the character actor died at his home in South Orange, New Jersey on Friday afternoon, March 21. "He died from melanoma, which had been diagnosed in 1992," the agent said.
Some actors took to Twitter to mourn his death upon hearing the sad news. "RIP. This actor was amazing. You didn't know him but trust me, you knew him," Tom Arnold wrote. Frances Fisher added, "Shocked and saddened to hear of James Rebhorn's passing. Jim was a consummate actor with whom I had the pleasure to work when we were young."
Born on September 1, 1948, in Philadelphia, Rebhorn studied political science and theater at Wittenberg University in Ohio before taking master's degree in fine arts from Columbia University. During his 50 years of career, Rebhorn took part in many TV series such as "The Practice", "Boston Legal" and "30 Rock".
He recently played the father of Claire Danes' Carrie Mathison on "Homeland". He also appeared on "White Collar" as Special Agent Reese Hughes.
His movie credits included "Scent of a Woman", "Cold Mountain", "Real Steel", "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" and "Sleepwalk With Me". Rebhorn also took part in the Roundabout Theater Company's "Too Much, Too Much, Too Many" among others.
Rebhorn is survived by his wife Rebecca Linn and daughters Hannah and Emma.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour