'Homeland' Actor James Rebhorn Dies From Skin Cancer
Actor James Rebhorn, who appeared on "Homeland", passed away at the age of 65. As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, his agent Dianne Busch said that the character actor died at his home in South Orange, New Jersey on Friday afternoon, March 21. "He died from melanoma, which had been diagnosed in 1992," the agent said.
Some actors took to Twitter to mourn his death upon hearing the sad news. "RIP. This actor was amazing. You didn't know him but trust me, you knew him," Tom Arnold wrote. Frances Fisher added, "Shocked and saddened to hear of James Rebhorn's passing. Jim was a consummate actor with whom I had the pleasure to work when we were young."
Born on September 1, 1948, in Philadelphia, Rebhorn studied political science and theater at Wittenberg University in Ohio before taking master's degree in fine arts from Columbia University. During his 50 years of career, Rebhorn took part in many TV series such as "The Practice", "Boston Legal" and "30 Rock".
He recently played the father of Claire Danes' Carrie Mathison on "Homeland". He also appeared on "White Collar" as Special Agent Reese Hughes.
His movie credits included "Scent of a Woman", "Cold Mountain", "Real Steel", "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" and "Sleepwalk With Me". Rebhorn also took part in the Roundabout Theater Company's "Too Much, Too Much, Too Many" among others.
Rebhorn is survived by his wife Rebecca Linn and daughters Hannah and Emma.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video