Video: Kevin Bacon Recreates 'Footloose' Dance on 'Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'
Kevin Bacon celebrated the 30th anniversary of "Footloose" by reenacting the iconic dances from the movie on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon". The actor was a guest on the late-night talk show Friday, March 21 and was called out after host Jimmy Fallon announced that dance had been banned on the show.
"It's a bummer, but rules are rules," the comedian insisted as the audience booed him. Hearing this, Bacon said in his waiting room, "Dancing is illegal? This is 'The Tonight Show'. There has to be dancing!" He played the music and broke into the iconic "Footloose" dances that his character Ren McCormack did in the 1984 movie.
Doing some acrobatic moves, Bacon was then joined by a group of young women and traded his white tank top and jeans with a maroon suit. Once Bacon arrived on the stage, Fallon changed his mind and declared that "dance is now legal."
Later during the interview, Bacon revealed that a body double, who is a gymnast, was used to do the acrobatic moves in the "Tonight Show" skit. A dance double was also used in the film, which has got a remake treatment with the 2011 movie starring Kenny Wormald and Julianne Hough.
Bacon is currently headlining psychological thriller "The Following" which airs Mondays at 9/8c on FOX. The show has been renewed for a third season.
Kevin Bacon's "Footloose" Entrance on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon":
Kevin Bacon Interview on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon":
More The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal