Angelina Jolie Joins Stella McCartney in 'Maleficent' Inspired Kids Line
Angelina Jolie turns a fashion designer for children costume. The actress has partnered with Stella McCartney for a capsule collection inspired by her latest film "Maleficent".
Named after the Disney movie, the line includes eight styles for kids - boys and girls - ages 4 to 14. There will be princess frocks and shoes for little girls, as well as T-shirts and sneakers for little boys. They will be sold between $75 to $185, with 10 percent of all sales going to SOS Children's Villages.
"I've always been a huge fan of Disney growing up, as was my mother, and I grew up watching all the films like most kids did," McCartney told WWD. "When the opportunity presented itself and I was invited by Angelina Jolie to visit the film set, I jumped at the chance." Her inspiration came from the titular character herself. "There is a bit of a darkness to Maleficent which can be really scary at times but at the same time visually brilliant," she explained
This is not the first time McCartney has teamed up with Disney. She designed jewelry inspired by Tim Burton's 2010 film "Alice in Wonderland".
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers