Idina Menzel Addresses John Travolta's Oscar Blunder, Says They Are 'Buddies'
Idina Menzel talks about John Travolta's flub at the Oscars in a new interview with Billboard. Travolta mispronounced her name while introducing her performance at the awards show, calling the singer "Adele Dazeem." In the latest edition of the magazine, Menzel comments on the incident.
"That threw me for a minute, but then I just got back on track and reminded myself of where I was," the singer admits. "He was really gracious and sent this gorgeous email, and we're buddies and it's all cool," she continues saying. "Please. I mean, I've only benefited from it."
Travolta has apologized following the flub. "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought... What would Idina Menzel say? She'd say, 'Let it go, let it go!' Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy 'Frozen (2013)' took home two Oscars Sunday night!" he said.
The "Hairspray" actor reportedly also sent flowers to apologize. "He sent her a big, gorgeous bouquet of flowers to her dressing room," a source told E! News earlier this week. "It was HUGE. It was his apology to her."
Travolta was heavily criticized following the name flub. The source added, "It was clear he felt very bad about it. And by the size of the arrangement it was an obvious 'forgive me please' gesture."
More Idina Menzel News
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016