Idina Menzel Addresses John Travolta's Oscar Blunder, Says They Are 'Buddies'
Idina Menzel talks about John Travolta's flub at the Oscars in a new interview with Billboard. Travolta mispronounced her name while introducing her performance at the awards show, calling the singer "Adele Dazeem." In the latest edition of the magazine, Menzel comments on the incident.
"That threw me for a minute, but then I just got back on track and reminded myself of where I was," the singer admits. "He was really gracious and sent this gorgeous email, and we're buddies and it's all cool," she continues saying. "Please. I mean, I've only benefited from it."
Travolta has apologized following the flub. "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought... What would Idina Menzel say? She'd say, 'Let it go, let it go!' Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy 'Frozen (2013)' took home two Oscars Sunday night!" he said.
The "Hairspray" actor reportedly also sent flowers to apologize. "He sent her a big, gorgeous bouquet of flowers to her dressing room," a source told E! News earlier this week. "It was HUGE. It was his apology to her."
Travolta was heavily criticized following the name flub. The source added, "It was clear he felt very bad about it. And by the size of the arrangement it was an obvious 'forgive me please' gesture."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart