Idina Menzel Addresses John Travolta's Oscar Blunder, Says They Are 'Buddies'
Idina Menzel talks about John Travolta's flub at the Oscars in a new interview with Billboard. Travolta mispronounced her name while introducing her performance at the awards show, calling the singer "Adele Dazeem." In the latest edition of the magazine, Menzel comments on the incident.
"That threw me for a minute, but then I just got back on track and reminded myself of where I was," the singer admits. "He was really gracious and sent this gorgeous email, and we're buddies and it's all cool," she continues saying. "Please. I mean, I've only benefited from it."
Travolta has apologized following the flub. "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought... What would Idina Menzel say? She'd say, 'Let it go, let it go!' Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy 'Frozen (2013)' took home two Oscars Sunday night!" he said.
The "Hairspray" actor reportedly also sent flowers to apologize. "He sent her a big, gorgeous bouquet of flowers to her dressing room," a source told E! News earlier this week. "It was HUGE. It was his apology to her."
Travolta was heavily criticized following the name flub. The source added, "It was clear he felt very bad about it. And by the size of the arrangement it was an obvious 'forgive me please' gesture."
More Idina Menzel News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked