Idina Menzel Addresses John Travolta's Oscar Blunder, Says They Are 'Buddies'
Idina Menzel talks about John Travolta's flub at the Oscars in a new interview with Billboard. Travolta mispronounced her name while introducing her performance at the awards show, calling the singer "Adele Dazeem." In the latest edition of the magazine, Menzel comments on the incident.
"That threw me for a minute, but then I just got back on track and reminded myself of where I was," the singer admits. "He was really gracious and sent this gorgeous email, and we're buddies and it's all cool," she continues saying. "Please. I mean, I've only benefited from it."
Travolta has apologized following the flub. "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought... What would Idina Menzel say? She'd say, 'Let it go, let it go!' Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy 'Frozen (2013)' took home two Oscars Sunday night!" he said.
The "Hairspray" actor reportedly also sent flowers to apologize. "He sent her a big, gorgeous bouquet of flowers to her dressing room," a source told E! News earlier this week. "It was HUGE. It was his apology to her."
Travolta was heavily criticized following the name flub. The source added, "It was clear he felt very bad about it. And by the size of the arrangement it was an obvious 'forgive me please' gesture."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival