Idina Menzel Addresses John Travolta's Oscar Blunder, Says They Are 'Buddies'
Idina Menzel talks about John Travolta's flub at the Oscars in a new interview with Billboard. Travolta mispronounced her name while introducing her performance at the awards show, calling the singer "Adele Dazeem." In the latest edition of the magazine, Menzel comments on the incident.
"That threw me for a minute, but then I just got back on track and reminded myself of where I was," the singer admits. "He was really gracious and sent this gorgeous email, and we're buddies and it's all cool," she continues saying. "Please. I mean, I've only benefited from it."
Travolta has apologized following the flub. "I've been beating myself up all day. Then I thought... What would Idina Menzel say? She'd say, 'Let it go, let it go!' Idina is incredibly talented and I am so happy 'Frozen (2013)' took home two Oscars Sunday night!" he said.
The "Hairspray" actor reportedly also sent flowers to apologize. "He sent her a big, gorgeous bouquet of flowers to her dressing room," a source told E! News earlier this week. "It was HUGE. It was his apology to her."
Travolta was heavily criticized following the name flub. The source added, "It was clear he felt very bad about it. And by the size of the arrangement it was an obvious 'forgive me please' gesture."
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer