Dakota Johnson in Talks to Play Johnny Depp's Love Interest in Whitey Bulger Film
Dakota Johnson could star in "Black Mass" after she's done with "Fifty Shades of Grey". According to a scoop from Deadline, the Anastasia Steele depicter is in negotiations to play a love interest to Johnny Depp's Whitey Bulger in the true-story pic.
Bulger became an FBI informant in taking down a Mafia family who invaded his turf. However, he was later outed as a criminal himself and went into hiding when the Feds closed in on their targets. He became a fugitive for years before being arrested in 2011.
The infamous Boston crime kingpin has a couple of women in his life, but Johnson is circling a role of Lindsey, the mother of his son Douglas. Barry Levinson was originally attached to direct the movie, but now it has Scott Cooper ("Crazy Heart") at the helm.
Joel Edgerton will play FBI agen John Connolly, who is Bulger's childhood friend. Connolly himself ends up in prison for tipping Bulger when the Feds closed in on their targets. Guy Pearce will play Bulger's brother, Bill, who was president of the Massachusetts Senate and a big power broker in town.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs