Dakota Johnson in Talks to Play Johnny Depp's Love Interest in Whitey Bulger Film
Dakota Johnson could star in "Black Mass" after she's done with "Fifty Shades of Grey". According to a scoop from Deadline, the Anastasia Steele depicter is in negotiations to play a love interest to Johnny Depp's Whitey Bulger in the true-story pic.
Bulger became an FBI informant in taking down a Mafia family who invaded his turf. However, he was later outed as a criminal himself and went into hiding when the Feds closed in on their targets. He became a fugitive for years before being arrested in 2011.
The infamous Boston crime kingpin has a couple of women in his life, but Johnson is circling a role of Lindsey, the mother of his son Douglas. Barry Levinson was originally attached to direct the movie, but now it has Scott Cooper ("Crazy Heart") at the helm.
Joel Edgerton will play FBI agen John Connolly, who is Bulger's childhood friend. Connolly himself ends up in prison for tipping Bulger when the Feds closed in on their targets. Guy Pearce will play Bulger's brother, Bill, who was president of the Massachusetts Senate and a big power broker in town.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal