Dakota Johnson in Talks to Play Johnny Depp's Love Interest in Whitey Bulger Film
Dakota Johnson could star in "Black Mass" after she's done with "Fifty Shades of Grey". According to a scoop from Deadline, the Anastasia Steele depicter is in negotiations to play a love interest to Johnny Depp's Whitey Bulger in the true-story pic.
Bulger became an FBI informant in taking down a Mafia family who invaded his turf. However, he was later outed as a criminal himself and went into hiding when the Feds closed in on their targets. He became a fugitive for years before being arrested in 2011.
The infamous Boston crime kingpin has a couple of women in his life, but Johnson is circling a role of Lindsey, the mother of his son Douglas. Barry Levinson was originally attached to direct the movie, but now it has Scott Cooper ("Crazy Heart") at the helm.
Joel Edgerton will play FBI agen John Connolly, who is Bulger's childhood friend. Connolly himself ends up in prison for tipping Bulger when the Feds closed in on their targets. Guy Pearce will play Bulger's brother, Bill, who was president of the Massachusetts Senate and a big power broker in town.
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video