Dakota Johnson in Talks to Play Johnny Depp's Love Interest in Whitey Bulger Film
Dakota Johnson could star in "Black Mass" after she's done with "Fifty Shades of Grey". According to a scoop from Deadline, the Anastasia Steele depicter is in negotiations to play a love interest to Johnny Depp's Whitey Bulger in the true-story pic.
Bulger became an FBI informant in taking down a Mafia family who invaded his turf. However, he was later outed as a criminal himself and went into hiding when the Feds closed in on their targets. He became a fugitive for years before being arrested in 2011.
The infamous Boston crime kingpin has a couple of women in his life, but Johnson is circling a role of Lindsey, the mother of his son Douglas. Barry Levinson was originally attached to direct the movie, but now it has Scott Cooper ("Crazy Heart") at the helm.
Joel Edgerton will play FBI agen John Connolly, who is Bulger's childhood friend. Connolly himself ends up in prison for tipping Bulger when the Feds closed in on their targets. Guy Pearce will play Bulger's brother, Bill, who was president of the Massachusetts Senate and a big power broker in town.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off