Johnny Weir and Victor Voronov's Dog Caught in Divorce Drama
Johnny Weir and Victor Voronov's divorce drama got uglier on Friday, March 21. According to TMZ, Weir and Voronov went to court that day. Voronov obtained restraining order against Weir after claiming that the figure skate star attacked him on March 5 by hitting him in the arm and throwing jewelry and a wooden Russian doll at him.
The judge then ordered Weir to collect his belongings from the couple's home in New Jersey in 30 minutes. According to sources, the figure skater got home with six police officers and he took his stuff such as various costumes, two TV sets and Hermes scarves while Voronov was still in court. Wier also took the family's dog Tema.
Voronov arrived when Weir was still at the apartment. Voronov reportedly stood helplessly when Weir took the Japanese Chin with him, sobbing uncontrollably on the phone. The couple reportedly is set to make appearance in court next week, where the issue about the dog and others will be discussed.
Weir announced separation from Voronov on Wednesday, March 19. "It is with great sadness that I announce that my husband and I are no longer together. My heart hurts, and I wish him well," he tweeted.
A spokesperson for Voronov recently told PEOPLE that the lawyer was shocked after learning that the Olympian filed for divorce. "He's totally heartbroken. Victor entered the marriage for one purpose only - because he loved Johnny," said Voronov's legal crisis manager, Wendy Feldman.
"He took a big life-changing risk in entering the marriage, because he wasn't out [as gay]. He's devastated," Feldman added. "His family and friends are rallying around him and supporting him right now."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed