USA Officially Renews 'White Collar', Picks Up New Series 'Rush' and 'Complications'
"White Collar" is officially renewed. Following report that the police procedural drama series will get a shortened final season, USA Network now announces that it has ordered a six-episode season 6 of the show.
While confirming the renewal, the network does not reveal whether the upcoming season will be the last for the Matthew Bomer-starring series. It was previously reported that the cable channel would end the show due expensive production cost, despite the fact that "White Collar" is still a solid performer for the network.
Meanwhile, USA picks up new series "Rush" and "Complications". The former is hailed from writer-director Jonathan Levine and Fox 21 and stars Tom Ellis as on-call doctor, William Rush. He is "highly discreet no matter what the ailment, as long as the client can pay his cash-only premium, and the doctor can party with the best of them. He has no desire to change his life or how he lives it, until an old flame and his conscience begin to stir things up."
The latter project is from creator and executive producer Matt Nix ("Burn Notice"). Described as a "gritty medical series," it centers around John Ellis (Jason O'Mara), "a disillusioned suburban ER doctor who finds his existence transformed when he intervenes in a drive-by shooting, saving a young boy's life and killing one of his attackers. When Ellis learns the boy is still marked for death, he finds himself compelled to save him at any cost, and discovers that his own life - and his outlook on medicine - may never be the same."
Chris McCumber, president of USA Network, says, "We are excited to usher in the next generation of USA dramas, alongside our signature returning originals that continue to attract a large and loyal fan base. This year USA will be showcasing more hours of original programming than ever before, including an unprecedented 6 new series and 6 returning shows."
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video