USA Officially Renews 'White Collar', Picks Up New Series 'Rush' and 'Complications'
"White Collar" is officially renewed. Following report that the police procedural drama series will get a shortened final season, USA Network now announces that it has ordered a six-episode season 6 of the show.
While confirming the renewal, the network does not reveal whether the upcoming season will be the last for the Matthew Bomer-starring series. It was previously reported that the cable channel would end the show due expensive production cost, despite the fact that "White Collar" is still a solid performer for the network.
Meanwhile, USA picks up new series "Rush" and "Complications". The former is hailed from writer-director Jonathan Levine and Fox 21 and stars Tom Ellis as on-call doctor, William Rush. He is "highly discreet no matter what the ailment, as long as the client can pay his cash-only premium, and the doctor can party with the best of them. He has no desire to change his life or how he lives it, until an old flame and his conscience begin to stir things up."
The latter project is from creator and executive producer Matt Nix ("Burn Notice"). Described as a "gritty medical series," it centers around John Ellis (Jason O'Mara), "a disillusioned suburban ER doctor who finds his existence transformed when he intervenes in a drive-by shooting, saving a young boy's life and killing one of his attackers. When Ellis learns the boy is still marked for death, he finds himself compelled to save him at any cost, and discovers that his own life - and his outlook on medicine - may never be the same."
Chris McCumber, president of USA Network, says, "We are excited to usher in the next generation of USA dramas, alongside our signature returning originals that continue to attract a large and loyal fan base. This year USA will be showcasing more hours of original programming than ever before, including an unprecedented 6 new series and 6 returning shows."
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West