Second Weekend of Sasquatch! Music Festival Canceled
This year's Sasquatch! music festival was planned to take place in late May and in early July. However, the event's organizers have just announced that the second show scheduled for the Fourth of July weekend has been canceled
Jeff Trisler, president of Live Nation Seattle, explained the cancellation in a statement posted on the fest's website on Friday, March 21. "The Sasquatch! community has spoken. They continue to support the traditional Memorial Day Weekend event with great enthusiasm," the statement read.
"Unfortunately, the second weekend was not embraced. We felt it was better to cancel the new event now and give everyone time to make alternative plans for the Fourth of July weekend," it added. The organizers will refund those who purchased tickets for the second weekend via Ticketmaster.
Sasquatch! fest's traditional Memorial Day weekend concert will continue as planned with Outkast, The National, Queens of the Stone Age and M.I.A. headlining. It will be held on May 23-25 at the Gorge Amphitheatre, Washington.
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director