L'Wren Scott's Representative Calls Reports of Financial Problems 'Extremely Hurtful'
Designer L'Wren Scott, who was found dead in her Manhattan apartment earlier this week, reportedly was in deep financial problem. A representative for PR Consulting which handles Scott and her fashion company, however, said that the claim was "inaccurate."
"The figures quoted in the media regarding the financial status of LS Fashion Limited are not only highly misleading and inaccurate but also extremely hurtful and disrespectful to the memory of L'Wren Scott," read a statement released on Friday, March 21. "Her business overall was only seven years old and although some areas of the business had not yet reached their potential other parts of her business were proving successful."
"In terms of figures shown at Companies House in the UK. The parent company of LS Fashion Limited based in America had made a standard loan investment to the UK subsidiary. LS Fashion Limited is fully able to meet the company's liabilities and pay all suppliers and customers," the statement continued, adding that "the long-term prospects for the business were encouraging."
In other news, Scott's body reportedly will be flown to L.A. for a wake and funeral. A source told New York Post's Page Six on Friday night that Scott's boyfriend Mick Jagger and her brother Randall Bambrough made the decision.
Scott's body was released by the authorities on Wednesday and it has been kept at Frank E. Campbell Funeral Chapel on Manhattan's Upper East Side. According to the source, it will be flown to L.A. this weekend.
More Mick Jagger News
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young