L'Wren Scott's Representative Calls Reports of Financial Problems 'Extremely Hurtful'
Designer L'Wren Scott, who was found dead in her Manhattan apartment earlier this week, reportedly was in deep financial problem. A representative for PR Consulting which handles Scott and her fashion company, however, said that the claim was "inaccurate."
"The figures quoted in the media regarding the financial status of LS Fashion Limited are not only highly misleading and inaccurate but also extremely hurtful and disrespectful to the memory of L'Wren Scott," read a statement released on Friday, March 21. "Her business overall was only seven years old and although some areas of the business had not yet reached their potential other parts of her business were proving successful."
"In terms of figures shown at Companies House in the UK. The parent company of LS Fashion Limited based in America had made a standard loan investment to the UK subsidiary. LS Fashion Limited is fully able to meet the company's liabilities and pay all suppliers and customers," the statement continued, adding that "the long-term prospects for the business were encouraging."
In other news, Scott's body reportedly will be flown to L.A. for a wake and funeral. A source told New York Post's Page Six on Friday night that Scott's boyfriend Mick Jagger and her brother Randall Bambrough made the decision.
Scott's body was released by the authorities on Wednesday and it has been kept at Frank E. Campbell Funeral Chapel on Manhattan's Upper East Side. According to the source, it will be flown to L.A. this weekend.
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'It' Teaser and Poster Are Released Ahead of Official Teaser Trailer
- Zayn Malik Dyes His Hair Green. See His Wild Makeover
- Taylor Swift Laughs Off Rumors of Her Missing. Find Out Where She's Been
- 'American Horror Story' 7th Installment Casts Billy Eichner
- T.I. 'Begged' Tiny to Sleep Together Again Amid Reports They Reconcile
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian