Sarah Michelle Gellar Slams Kimye Vogue Cover, Anna Wintour Defends
Anna Wintour took the risk of losing readers when relenting to a Kanye West and Kim Kardashian cover on Vogue. The newly-revealed April cover has prompted protests from many including Sarah Michelle Gellar.
"Well.....I guess I'm canceling my Vogue subscription," Gellar tweeted on Friday, March 21 after the cover revelation. "Who is with me???" Many of her followers agreed with her but Kardashian's BFF Jonathan Cheban slammed her comment, retweeting, "Do u matter?"
A lot of haters tweeted their disapproval of the cover. "Dear @voguemagazine - just called and cancelled my subscription . Some places are sacred, like the cover of vogue. How could you!!" one Twitter user wrote. Another one said, "I will never buy another issue of Vogue. I rebuke it in the name of the lord."
Wintour herself has defended her choice, saying West did not beg for it as rumored. "As for the cover, my opinion is that it is both charming and touching, and it was, I should add, entirely our idea to do it; you may have read that Kanye begged me to put his fiancee on Vogue's cover. He did nothing of the sort," the creative director of Conde Nast, wrote on the Editor's Letter.
She continued, "Kanye is an amazing performer and cultural provocateur, while Kim, through her strength of character, has created a place for herself in the glare of the world's spotlight, and it takes real guts to do that."
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift