Anita Baker Wanted by Detroit Police for Court Absence
Anita Baker is among the wanted list by Detroit police. The soul singer failed to show up to a court-ordered hearing back in September and has been issued a bench warrant for her arrest.
The case stemmed from a Ray Smith Painting and Decorating contractor lawsuit against the 56-year-old singer. The eight-time Grammy Award winner allegedly did not pay for more than $15,000 worth of work at her Grosse Pointe, Michigan home in 2009.
"We certainly would have liked to resolve it before now. We just want to try to get my client his money," Ray Smith attorney Daniel Gerow said in a statement. "We're not trying to give her any hard time or anything unnecessary. We just would like to collect the money for my client. He's owed the money, and that could end it all right then."
Baker appeared to have responded to the bench warrant report after seeing the news on TV. "WHATTT??!!... sittin' in the kitchen watching this on TV. BIG time crazy. Atty on his way to TV Station. Devil sho is busy," she tweeted on Thursday, March 20 night. She added in the following morning, "As I slumbered & slept, he kept me safe from all hurt harm or danger... His Plan is Greater than man's plan :) Cup OVERFLOWS w Gratitude!"
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival
- Blac Chyna Reportedly Dating Kourtney Kardashian's Former Beau Quincy Combs