Nun Turns Four Judges on 'The Voice' Italy With Alicia Keys' 'No One'
"#suorcristina" became a trending topic on Twitter after a young nun took part on "The Voice" Italy. Not only 25-year-old Sister Christina made all four judges turn around with her rendition of Alicia Keys' "No One", but also she made their jaw drop for wearing a religious habit.
Christina went to the blind audition wearing a black habit and silver cross. The Sicily native was accompanied by four sisters from her community - the Ursuline Sisters of the Holy Family - and her parents. Coach J-Ax was the first to turn around, followed by Noemi and Piero Pelu. Coach Raffaella Carra was hesitant at first but she was convinced by J-Ax.
"Yes, I am truly, truly a sister," Christina replied to Carra's question. She added per National Catholic Register, "I came here because I have a gift and I want to share that gift. I am here to evangelize." The sister chose rapper J-Ax as her coach because "I told myself that if they turned around, I would choose the first one."
J-Ax, visibly overwhelmed for being chosen, joked, "If I had found you at Mass I would always be in church. You and me are like the devil and holy water." When asked what the Vatican would think of her performance now, she said, "I hope that Pope Francis will call me now."
Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi, president of the Pontifical Council for Culture, tweeted a bible passage on Thursday, March 20, "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others (1 Peter 4:10)".
More The Voice News
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef