Nun Turns Four Judges on 'The Voice' Italy With Alicia Keys' 'No One'
"#suorcristina" became a trending topic on Twitter after a young nun took part on "The Voice" Italy. Not only 25-year-old Sister Christina made all four judges turn around with her rendition of Alicia Keys' "No One", but also she made their jaw drop for wearing a religious habit.
Christina went to the blind audition wearing a black habit and silver cross. The Sicily native was accompanied by four sisters from her community - the Ursuline Sisters of the Holy Family - and her parents. Coach J-Ax was the first to turn around, followed by Noemi and Piero Pelu. Coach Raffaella Carra was hesitant at first but she was convinced by J-Ax.
"Yes, I am truly, truly a sister," Christina replied to Carra's question. She added per National Catholic Register, "I came here because I have a gift and I want to share that gift. I am here to evangelize." The sister chose rapper J-Ax as her coach because "I told myself that if they turned around, I would choose the first one."
J-Ax, visibly overwhelmed for being chosen, joked, "If I had found you at Mass I would always be in church. You and me are like the devil and holy water." When asked what the Vatican would think of her performance now, she said, "I hope that Pope Francis will call me now."
Cardinal Gianfranco Ravasi, president of the Pontifical Council for Culture, tweeted a bible passage on Thursday, March 20, "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others (1 Peter 4:10)".
More The Voice News
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Forced to Hand Over Kids to Brad Pitt
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer