'Wheel of Fortune' Winner Says He Made Correct Guesses 'Most of the Time'
Emil de Leon, a contestant of "Wheel of Fortune" who correctly guessed the words "New Baby Buggy" on board with only two-letter clue, appeared in the latest episode of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". Stopping by the chat show, Emile said that he usually made correct guesses when watching the show at home.
"Most of the time, yes. The majority of the time," he told Ellen DeGeneres. The 25-year-old student added, "99% of the time. So watching with my family and friends, you can't do it. Because after five seconds it's, 'Emil got it again!' " Emil, Ellen and guest host Jason Bateman also played guessing game in the episode.
"I am overwhelmed, this is surreal. I can't look at then Internet without seeing my face all over it," Emil said of his experience in a separate interview with The Hollywood Reporter. "I am not very good at talking, I am such an introvert. I stutter a lot but when it came to the puzzle I was in the zone and it got rid of my stutter."
Emil, who admitted that he started watching the show when he was a kid, continued explaining how he made the guess. "The first word was easy as there is pretty much nothing that can go there except 'new.' Then I just kept on working with the second word - I used a used letter board, the first letter there was B, so I worked off that. New Baby just sounds right - it flows," he said.
He added that he had "babies on my mind" after studying pediatrics for exam. "I just thought, 'what do you find with a new baby?' and came up with buggy," he shared. Emil brought home $63,099 in cash and said he would use the money to pay tuition and have a trip to Cabo, Mexico.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle