Johnny Cash's Great-Niece Stabbed to Death
A woman named Courtney Cash, the grand-niece of late singer Johnny Cash, was found dead on Wednesday, March 19. As reported by The Associated Press, Putnam County Sheriff David Andrews said that Cash's body was found in a box in a house near Cookeville, Tenn. She lived in the house with her boyfriend William Austin Johnson, who is treated for stab wounds in a hospital.
Andrews told media that the couple went out with a friend called Wayne Gary Masciarella before an altercation broke in the house. Johnson ran with his young child and drove to hospital. Officials said that the incident was likely related to drugs. "This is a senseless, tragic death of a young lady whose life was probably taken as a direct or indirect result of drugs," Andrews told media.
Masciarella was charged with first-degree murder and is held without bail. He is scheduled to appear in court on April 21.
Cash's grandfather Tommy Cash, the brother of the "I Walk the Line" singer, has released a statement following the sad news. "We ask for your prayers for the Cash family at this time. Courtney and her boyfriend are beloved members of my family and like you we have a lot of questions and emotions that we are beginning to sort through today... We are completely heartbroken. It is a time like this that we are grateful for our faith and trusting the loving guidance of God," he said.
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too