Movie Premieres: 'Divergent' Hits New York, 'Captain America 2' Goes to London
"Divergent" and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" are racing to the theaters. The young adult book adaptation went to New York for another special screening before it plays for public Stateside this coming Friday, March 21, while the comic book movie rolled out blue carpet in London ahead of the movie's release on March 26 in U.K.
Shailene Woodley looked gorgeous in an Elie Saab black jumpsuit and Rupert Sanderson heels. She neatly combed back her pixie hair and put on a red lipstick as a final touch. She was joined at the event taking place at Hearst Tower by co-stars Theo James and Ansel Elgort. Other guests included Sami Gayle and Nat Wolff.
Meanwhile, across the country, Scarlett Johansson and her castmate Chris Evans hit Vue Westfield in London after promoting their movie at the El Capitan Theatre in Los Angeles last week. The duo was joined by the likes of Hayley Atwell, Anthony Mackie, Jenny Agutter, Samuel L. Jackson, and Sebastian Stan.
ScarJo, who is expecting her first child with fiance Romain Dauriac, showed off her slim waist in a red ruched bustier dress from Vivienne Westwood's autumn/winter 2014 collection. She applied matching lipstick and put on leopard-print heels to finish off her ravishing look. Atwell, meanwhile, went with a Julien MacDonald peekaboo dress.
"I am forever wounded from these movies," Scarlett said of the bruises she suffered from playing Black Widow in three Marvel movies. "I have old injuries from Iron Man 2 and I keep re-injuring them. That's part of the joy and part of the process, I guess."
"The Winter Soldier" will arrive in the U.S. on April 4, and then Scarlett will reprise her role in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and start filming her scenes next month. The second installment of "The Avengers" is scheduled for a May 1, 2015 release.
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" London Premiere:
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival