Rep. John Lewis Shows Off Some Moves to Pharrell Williams' 'Happy'
Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga) shows off some dance moves to the tune of Pharrell Williams' "Happy", which is featured in the soundtrack album of "Despicable Me 2" as well as Williams' album "G I R L". According to USA Today, Lewis and some staffers celebrated his birthday in his Atlanta office and they played the popular song as a part of the belated celebration.
In the 1-minute video which was uploaded on Wednesday, March 19, Lewis can be seen sporting formal attire which included a shirt, tie and black pants. The politician, who is known as the last surviving organizer of the 1963 March on Washington, sang along to the lyrics, "I'm happy... I'm happy..." At one point, he exclaimed, "This is my song!"
One of his staffers Rachelle O'Neil can be heard singing along and encouraging Lewis. "The congressman, ever since Pharrell came out with the song, he's wanted to know, 'Who sings that song? Who sings that song?' " Lewis' chief of staff Michael Collins said of the video. "He gets into it. The congressman has this incredible spirit. Whenever he hears the song, he's like, 'Turn it up. Turn it up.' Whenever he hears it, he just lights up."
"Nothing can bring me down," he said at the end of the video. In the second video, he told viewers, "Be happy everybody. That's what the government is supposed to do."
More Pharrell Williams News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie