Video: Jennifer Lopez Joined by French Montana to Perform 'I Luh Ya Papi' on 'American Idol'
"American Idol" judge Jennifer Lopez took the stage of the singing competition during its results show on Thursday, March 20. The singer treated fans with the first live rendition of her new single, "I Luh Ya Papi".
The performance opened with Lopez sitting and chatting with her friends who included former "Idol" contestants Pia Toscano, Jessica Sanchez and Allison Iraheta. She then sang the song while showing off some energetic choreographed moves in front of graffiti-filled background representing the streets of her Bronx hometown.
Midsong, her collaborator French Montana appeared onstage in all-black outfit to deliver his verses. After finishing the song, Lopez gave the rapper a hug as they sat on the stairs.
"I Luh Ya Papi" was produced by The Detail and serves as the first single off Lopez's new album that's scheduled to arrive on June 17. The 44-year-old diva recently shared some details about the follow-up to 2011's "Love?" in an interview on Maine's Hot 104.7.
"We're in the final stages of putting it together. I think I have to turn it in like next week," Lopez said. She has worked with Tyga, Big Sean and Maxwell for the yet-to-be-titled record. "There's just so much amazing stuff on this album. I'm so excited for people to hear it," she added.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna