Video: Jennifer Lopez Joined by French Montana to Perform 'I Luh Ya Papi' on 'American Idol'
"American Idol" judge Jennifer Lopez took the stage of the singing competition during its results show on Thursday, March 20. The singer treated fans with the first live rendition of her new single, "I Luh Ya Papi".
The performance opened with Lopez sitting and chatting with her friends who included former "Idol" contestants Pia Toscano, Jessica Sanchez and Allison Iraheta. She then sang the song while showing off some energetic choreographed moves in front of graffiti-filled background representing the streets of her Bronx hometown.
Midsong, her collaborator French Montana appeared onstage in all-black outfit to deliver his verses. After finishing the song, Lopez gave the rapper a hug as they sat on the stairs.
"I Luh Ya Papi" was produced by The Detail and serves as the first single off Lopez's new album that's scheduled to arrive on June 17. The 44-year-old diva recently shared some details about the follow-up to 2011's "Love?" in an interview on Maine's Hot 104.7.
"We're in the final stages of putting it together. I think I have to turn it in like next week," Lopez said. She has worked with Tyga, Big Sean and Maxwell for the yet-to-be-titled record. "There's just so much amazing stuff on this album. I'm so excited for people to hear it," she added.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift