Video: Jennifer Lopez Joined by French Montana to Perform 'I Luh Ya Papi' on 'American Idol'
"American Idol" judge Jennifer Lopez took the stage of the singing competition during its results show on Thursday, March 20. The singer treated fans with the first live rendition of her new single, "I Luh Ya Papi".
The performance opened with Lopez sitting and chatting with her friends who included former "Idol" contestants Pia Toscano, Jessica Sanchez and Allison Iraheta. She then sang the song while showing off some energetic choreographed moves in front of graffiti-filled background representing the streets of her Bronx hometown.
Midsong, her collaborator French Montana appeared onstage in all-black outfit to deliver his verses. After finishing the song, Lopez gave the rapper a hug as they sat on the stairs.
"I Luh Ya Papi" was produced by The Detail and serves as the first single off Lopez's new album that's scheduled to arrive on June 17. The 44-year-old diva recently shared some details about the follow-up to 2011's "Love?" in an interview on Maine's Hot 104.7.
"We're in the final stages of putting it together. I think I have to turn it in like next week," Lopez said. She has worked with Tyga, Big Sean and Maxwell for the yet-to-be-titled record. "There's just so much amazing stuff on this album. I'm so excited for people to hear it," she added.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support