Video: Jennifer Lopez Joined by French Montana to Perform 'I Luh Ya Papi' on 'American Idol'
"American Idol" judge Jennifer Lopez took the stage of the singing competition during its results show on Thursday, March 20. The singer treated fans with the first live rendition of her new single, "I Luh Ya Papi".
The performance opened with Lopez sitting and chatting with her friends who included former "Idol" contestants Pia Toscano, Jessica Sanchez and Allison Iraheta. She then sang the song while showing off some energetic choreographed moves in front of graffiti-filled background representing the streets of her Bronx hometown.
Midsong, her collaborator French Montana appeared onstage in all-black outfit to deliver his verses. After finishing the song, Lopez gave the rapper a hug as they sat on the stairs.
"I Luh Ya Papi" was produced by The Detail and serves as the first single off Lopez's new album that's scheduled to arrive on June 17. The 44-year-old diva recently shared some details about the follow-up to 2011's "Love?" in an interview on Maine's Hot 104.7.
"We're in the final stages of putting it together. I think I have to turn it in like next week," Lopez said. She has worked with Tyga, Big Sean and Maxwell for the yet-to-be-titled record. "There's just so much amazing stuff on this album. I'm so excited for people to hear it," she added.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy