Video: Jennifer Lopez Joined by French Montana to Perform 'I Luh Ya Papi' on 'American Idol'
"American Idol" judge Jennifer Lopez took the stage of the singing competition during its results show on Thursday, March 20. The singer treated fans with the first live rendition of her new single, "I Luh Ya Papi".
The performance opened with Lopez sitting and chatting with her friends who included former "Idol" contestants Pia Toscano, Jessica Sanchez and Allison Iraheta. She then sang the song while showing off some energetic choreographed moves in front of graffiti-filled background representing the streets of her Bronx hometown.
Midsong, her collaborator French Montana appeared onstage in all-black outfit to deliver his verses. After finishing the song, Lopez gave the rapper a hug as they sat on the stairs.
"I Luh Ya Papi" was produced by The Detail and serves as the first single off Lopez's new album that's scheduled to arrive on June 17. The 44-year-old diva recently shared some details about the follow-up to 2011's "Love?" in an interview on Maine's Hot 104.7.
"We're in the final stages of putting it together. I think I have to turn it in like next week," Lopez said. She has worked with Tyga, Big Sean and Maxwell for the yet-to-be-titled record. "There's just so much amazing stuff on this album. I'm so excited for people to hear it," she added.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder