Frank Ocean Settles Lawsuit With Chipotle
Earlier this month, Chipotle sued Frank Ocean after claiming the rapper backed out of a deal to record a song for their ad. Now, TMZ reports that the case has been settled outside of court after the Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All member returned the money he'd received from the restaurant giant.
According to the suit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on March 7, Ocean was supposed to receive $425,000 to record a track called "Pure Imagination" for one of Chipotle's ads. He'd already received $212,500 when he said he didn't want to participate in the project anymore.
Ocean, whose real name is Christopher Breaux, then responded to the news by sharing a picture of a check in the amount of $212,500. "F**K OFF," he wrote in the memo.
However, the publicized check wasn't actually mailed to the company. A representative for Chipotle confirmed that the check they received didn't feature foul language of any sort. "Nice stunt, Frank!" said the rep.
More Frank Ocean News
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...