Frank Ocean Settles Lawsuit With Chipotle
Earlier this month, Chipotle sued Frank Ocean after claiming the rapper backed out of a deal to record a song for their ad. Now, TMZ reports that the case has been settled outside of court after the Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All member returned the money he'd received from the restaurant giant.
According to the suit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on March 7, Ocean was supposed to receive $425,000 to record a track called "Pure Imagination" for one of Chipotle's ads. He'd already received $212,500 when he said he didn't want to participate in the project anymore.
Ocean, whose real name is Christopher Breaux, then responded to the news by sharing a picture of a check in the amount of $212,500. "F**K OFF," he wrote in the memo.
However, the publicized check wasn't actually mailed to the company. A representative for Chipotle confirmed that the check they received didn't feature foul language of any sort. "Nice stunt, Frank!" said the rep.
More Frank Ocean News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri