Frank Ocean Settles Lawsuit With Chipotle
Earlier this month, Chipotle sued Frank Ocean after claiming the rapper backed out of a deal to record a song for their ad. Now, TMZ reports that the case has been settled outside of court after the Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All member returned the money he'd received from the restaurant giant.
According to the suit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on March 7, Ocean was supposed to receive $425,000 to record a track called "Pure Imagination" for one of Chipotle's ads. He'd already received $212,500 when he said he didn't want to participate in the project anymore.
Ocean, whose real name is Christopher Breaux, then responded to the news by sharing a picture of a check in the amount of $212,500. "F**K OFF," he wrote in the memo.
However, the publicized check wasn't actually mailed to the company. A representative for Chipotle confirmed that the check they received didn't feature foul language of any sort. "Nice stunt, Frank!" said the rep.
More Frank Ocean News
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'