David Fincher Wants Christian Bale to Play Steve Jobs in Upcoming Biopic
Christian Bale could play Steve Jobs next. The Wraps reports that David Fincher, who has been rumored being in talks to direct a new biopic about the Apple co-founder for Sony Pictures, will only take the job if the former Batman depicter is cast to play the male lead role.
The film is based on Walter Isaacson's best-selling biography of Jobs. Aaron Sorkin, who penned Fincher's "The Social Network", has finished adapting the book into a screenplay. "Social Network" producer Scott Rudin will produce the pic with Mark Gordon and Guymon Casady.
Sorkin once said, "This entire movie is going to be three scenes, and three scenes only, that all take place in real time." Those scenes, he said, would run 30 minutes in length and reveal the product launches of Apple's original Macintosh computer (1984), NeXT Cube (1990), and original iPod (2001).
The untitled Steve Jobs biopic was first announced in October 2011, just weeks after Jobs lost battle against pancreatic cancer. However, a rival project called "jOBS" that starred Ashton Kutcher beat it to get released in 2013. Unfortunately, the biopic helmed by Joshua Michael Stern was panned by critics.
Fincher is currently finishing crime thriller "Gone Girl" which stars Ben Affleck, while Bale has just wrapped the filming of Moses movie "Exodus".
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs