David Fincher Wants Christian Bale to Play Steve Jobs in Upcoming Biopic
Christian Bale could play Steve Jobs next. The Wraps reports that David Fincher, who has been rumored being in talks to direct a new biopic about the Apple co-founder for Sony Pictures, will only take the job if the former Batman depicter is cast to play the male lead role.
The film is based on Walter Isaacson's best-selling biography of Jobs. Aaron Sorkin, who penned Fincher's "The Social Network", has finished adapting the book into a screenplay. "Social Network" producer Scott Rudin will produce the pic with Mark Gordon and Guymon Casady.
Sorkin once said, "This entire movie is going to be three scenes, and three scenes only, that all take place in real time." Those scenes, he said, would run 30 minutes in length and reveal the product launches of Apple's original Macintosh computer (1984), NeXT Cube (1990), and original iPod (2001).
The untitled Steve Jobs biopic was first announced in October 2011, just weeks after Jobs lost battle against pancreatic cancer. However, a rival project called "jOBS" that starred Ashton Kutcher beat it to get released in 2013. Unfortunately, the biopic helmed by Joshua Michael Stern was panned by critics.
Fincher is currently finishing crime thriller "Gone Girl" which stars Ben Affleck, while Bale has just wrapped the filming of Moses movie "Exodus".
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna