Emilia Clarke: Madonna Wore the Real Daenerys Targaryen Costume for Purim
Madonna dressed up as Daenerys Targaryen from HBO's "Game of Thrones" to celebrate Jewish holiday of Purim last week and the costume turns out to be the real outfit which is used on the fantasy series. "It's my real costume," Emilia Clarke, who plays Daenerys, said during an appearance on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" on Wednesday, March 19.
"I thought I was dreaming. I got an email from amazing HBO publicist Mara, saying, 'Madonna would like to borrow the costume, is that okay?' " she recalled. "I thought, 'God, this must be a dream. This can't be real.' "
The 26-year-old actress previously expressed her excitement upon learning that the Material Girl dressed up as her character. "It's a huge moment. And, damn! She looks good!" she said on Tuesday, March 18, as reported by Access Hollywood.
"That's kind of a sign how big 'Game of Thrones' has got. The Queen of Pop is wearing a Daenerys costume. I completely freaked out," Kristian Nairn added. Actress Gwendoline Christie, who plays Brienne of Tarth, commented, "I got really, really excited. Madonna's always been a favorite of mine. I love her strength and her transformative nature and the idea that she might be dressing up as a brilliant character in the TV show I'm in is pretty exciting."
Madonna has uploaded another photo of her wearing the costume on Instagram. "Need my Dragons today!" she captioned the photo which was shared on Thursday. Channeling the Mother of Dragons, the 55-year-old singer can be seen sporting two dragon figurines on her shoulder.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered