'Rizzoli and Isles' to Address Lee Thompson Young's Death in Season 5
"Rizzoli & Isles" will pay a tribute to its fallen castmember Lee Thompson Young who played detective Barry Frost on the show before his death last year. Two episodes from the upcoming fifth season will address the actor's death, series regular Angie Harmon revealed via Twitter on Wednesday, March 19.
"Hope you enjoyed @RizzoliIslesTNT season 4 finale," Harmon tweeted. "Season 5 eps 1&2 address our beloved Lee w/ love, honor & respect. Thank you @JanNash100." She was thanking the TNT show's executive producer Jan Nash who said before the fourth season finale on Tuesday, "Out of respect for our colleague Lee Thompson Young, the staff of R&I will not be live tweeting during tonight's episode."
Young was found dead on August 19, 2013 with a self-inflicted gunshot wound at his Los Angeles apartment after he failed to show up for the filming of "Rizzoli & Isles". He was 29 years old.
The producers shut down the production of the series for a while after his death and released a memorial card which read, "In Loving Memory of Lee Thompson Young, 1984 - 2013".
The fifth season will premiere on June 17.
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton