'Rizzoli and Isles' to Address Lee Thompson Young's Death in Season 5
"Rizzoli & Isles" will pay a tribute to its fallen castmember Lee Thompson Young who played detective Barry Frost on the show before his death last year. Two episodes from the upcoming fifth season will address the actor's death, series regular Angie Harmon revealed via Twitter on Wednesday, March 19.
"Hope you enjoyed @RizzoliIslesTNT season 4 finale," Harmon tweeted. "Season 5 eps 1&2 address our beloved Lee w/ love, honor & respect. Thank you @JanNash100." She was thanking the TNT show's executive producer Jan Nash who said before the fourth season finale on Tuesday, "Out of respect for our colleague Lee Thompson Young, the staff of R&I will not be live tweeting during tonight's episode."
Young was found dead on August 19, 2013 with a self-inflicted gunshot wound at his Los Angeles apartment after he failed to show up for the filming of "Rizzoli & Isles". He was 29 years old.
The producers shut down the production of the series for a while after his death and released a memorial card which read, "In Loving Memory of Lee Thompson Young, 1984 - 2013".
The fifth season will premiere on June 17.
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern