Obama Jokingly Calls Ellen DeGeneres' Selfie a 'Cheap Stunt'
Ellen DeGeneres got the honor of interviewing President Obama for the first time on her show. And she did not waste her time to brag it to him that she broke his retweet record.
DeGeneres took a selfie with a bunch of celebrities while hosting the Oscars earlier this month. It was retweeted 3.4 million times to date, while Obama's photo of him hugging wife Michelle after his election night has been retweeted more than 780,000 times.
"I heard about that. I thought it was a pretty cheap stunt, myself," Obama responded with a joke, noting, "Getting a bunch of celebrities in the background, you feeding them pizza."
DeGeneres also asked the president whether he had seen "Scandal" and "House of Cards", the two shows that are set in Washington, D.C. He said, "You know, I watch 'House of Cards'. I haven't seen 'Scandal' yet, but Michelle has watched 'Scandal'. I have to tell ya, life in Washington is a little more boring than displayed on the screen."
He continued, "You know the truth of the matter is - if you followed me, most of my day is sitting in a room listening to a bunch of folks in gray suits talking about a whole bunch of stuff that wouldn't make very good television."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story