Obama Jokingly Calls Ellen DeGeneres' Selfie a 'Cheap Stunt'
Ellen DeGeneres got the honor of interviewing President Obama for the first time on her show. And she did not waste her time to brag it to him that she broke his retweet record.
DeGeneres took a selfie with a bunch of celebrities while hosting the Oscars earlier this month. It was retweeted 3.4 million times to date, while Obama's photo of him hugging wife Michelle after his election night has been retweeted more than 780,000 times.
"I heard about that. I thought it was a pretty cheap stunt, myself," Obama responded with a joke, noting, "Getting a bunch of celebrities in the background, you feeding them pizza."
DeGeneres also asked the president whether he had seen "Scandal" and "House of Cards", the two shows that are set in Washington, D.C. He said, "You know, I watch 'House of Cards'. I haven't seen 'Scandal' yet, but Michelle has watched 'Scandal'. I have to tell ya, life in Washington is a little more boring than displayed on the screen."
He continued, "You know the truth of the matter is - if you followed me, most of my day is sitting in a room listening to a bunch of folks in gray suits talking about a whole bunch of stuff that wouldn't make very good television."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7