Obama Jokingly Calls Ellen DeGeneres' Selfie a 'Cheap Stunt'
Ellen DeGeneres got the honor of interviewing President Obama for the first time on her show. And she did not waste her time to brag it to him that she broke his retweet record.
DeGeneres took a selfie with a bunch of celebrities while hosting the Oscars earlier this month. It was retweeted 3.4 million times to date, while Obama's photo of him hugging wife Michelle after his election night has been retweeted more than 780,000 times.
"I heard about that. I thought it was a pretty cheap stunt, myself," Obama responded with a joke, noting, "Getting a bunch of celebrities in the background, you feeding them pizza."
DeGeneres also asked the president whether he had seen "Scandal" and "House of Cards", the two shows that are set in Washington, D.C. He said, "You know, I watch 'House of Cards'. I haven't seen 'Scandal' yet, but Michelle has watched 'Scandal'. I have to tell ya, life in Washington is a little more boring than displayed on the screen."
He continued, "You know the truth of the matter is - if you followed me, most of my day is sitting in a room listening to a bunch of folks in gray suits talking about a whole bunch of stuff that wouldn't make very good television."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Looking to Buy a Place' in America
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Odell Beckham Jr. Dating Rumors: I Don't Even Know Him
- Will Kourtney Kardashian's New Boy Toy Younes Bendjima Replace Scott Disick on 'KUWTK'?
- Listen to Sia's Powerful Anthem 'To Be Human' From 'Wonder Woman' Soundtrack
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Vampire Nicki Minaj Sexily Licks Bella Hadid's Neck at AmfAR Gala in Cannes