Obama Jokingly Calls Ellen DeGeneres' Selfie a 'Cheap Stunt'
Ellen DeGeneres got the honor of interviewing President Obama for the first time on her show. And she did not waste her time to brag it to him that she broke his retweet record.
DeGeneres took a selfie with a bunch of celebrities while hosting the Oscars earlier this month. It was retweeted 3.4 million times to date, while Obama's photo of him hugging wife Michelle after his election night has been retweeted more than 780,000 times.
"I heard about that. I thought it was a pretty cheap stunt, myself," Obama responded with a joke, noting, "Getting a bunch of celebrities in the background, you feeding them pizza."
DeGeneres also asked the president whether he had seen "Scandal" and "House of Cards", the two shows that are set in Washington, D.C. He said, "You know, I watch 'House of Cards'. I haven't seen 'Scandal' yet, but Michelle has watched 'Scandal'. I have to tell ya, life in Washington is a little more boring than displayed on the screen."
He continued, "You know the truth of the matter is - if you followed me, most of my day is sitting in a room listening to a bunch of folks in gray suits talking about a whole bunch of stuff that wouldn't make very good television."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'