Brittany Daniel Opens Up About Her Battle With Cancer
Actress Brittany Daniel reveals that she has successfully battled cancer. The star of BET's "The Game", who says that her family contributes to her recovery, talks about the health scare in the latest edition of PEOPLE, saying that "it happened so suddenly."
Daniel shares that back in the summer of 2011 she felt back pain, night sweats and flu-like symptoms and went to doctor. The actress then learned that she suffered from stage IV non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Shortly after receiving the diagnosis, she started chemoteraphy.
Daniel's twin sister Cynthia, who also starred on 1994's teen drama "Sweet Valley High", opened her house for her and their mother while Daniel was recovering. "There is is no way I would have ever gotten through this without my family," she tells the magazine. "My family is everything to me and I feel like they saw me through this."
The 38-year-old star goes on explaining why she shares the story to public. Daniel, who is now cancer-free, says that she may encourage others who suffer from similar disease. "I want to let people know it is absolutely possible to get through something like this. I want people to know they are not alone," she states.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl