Ryan Gosling Eying Busby Berkeley Biopic
Ryan Gosling is circling a biopic about highly-influential director/choreographer Busby Berkeley for his next project. The movie is based on Jeffrey Spivak's book titled "Buzz: The Life and Art of Busby Berkeley" which has been picked by Warner Bros. for a big screen adaptation.
Berkeley was famous for his elaborate kaleidoscopic choreography in a number of musical films and plays. His ornate geometric patterns which often used showgirls are mimicked in many modern films. Berkeley died in 1976 at the age of 80 from natural causes.
Gosling is expected to play the male lead role in the untitled Busby Berkeley biopic. He will also produce the pic with Marc Platt, the producer of the actor's 2011 crime film "Drive". The former Disney star could serve behind the lens as well.
Gosling, 33, was last seen on the big screen in "Only God Forgives" last year. He has just wrapped production on his directorial debut, "How to Catch a Monster", in which he shares screen with his real-life girlfriend Eva Mendes. He's also among the cast of untitled Terrence Malick project that was originally titled "Lawless".
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service