Ryan Gosling Eying Busby Berkeley Biopic
Ryan Gosling is circling a biopic about highly-influential director/choreographer Busby Berkeley for his next project. The movie is based on Jeffrey Spivak's book titled "Buzz: The Life and Art of Busby Berkeley" which has been picked by Warner Bros. for a big screen adaptation.
Berkeley was famous for his elaborate kaleidoscopic choreography in a number of musical films and plays. His ornate geometric patterns which often used showgirls are mimicked in many modern films. Berkeley died in 1976 at the age of 80 from natural causes.
Gosling is expected to play the male lead role in the untitled Busby Berkeley biopic. He will also produce the pic with Marc Platt, the producer of the actor's 2011 crime film "Drive". The former Disney star could serve behind the lens as well.
Gosling, 33, was last seen on the big screen in "Only God Forgives" last year. He has just wrapped production on his directorial debut, "How to Catch a Monster", in which he shares screen with his real-life girlfriend Eva Mendes. He's also among the cast of untitled Terrence Malick project that was originally titled "Lawless".
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri