Ryan Gosling Eying Busby Berkeley Biopic
Ryan Gosling is circling a biopic about highly-influential director/choreographer Busby Berkeley for his next project. The movie is based on Jeffrey Spivak's book titled "Buzz: The Life and Art of Busby Berkeley" which has been picked by Warner Bros. for a big screen adaptation.
Berkeley was famous for his elaborate kaleidoscopic choreography in a number of musical films and plays. His ornate geometric patterns which often used showgirls are mimicked in many modern films. Berkeley died in 1976 at the age of 80 from natural causes.
Gosling is expected to play the male lead role in the untitled Busby Berkeley biopic. He will also produce the pic with Marc Platt, the producer of the actor's 2011 crime film "Drive". The former Disney star could serve behind the lens as well.
Gosling, 33, was last seen on the big screen in "Only God Forgives" last year. He has just wrapped production on his directorial debut, "How to Catch a Monster", in which he shares screen with his real-life girlfriend Eva Mendes. He's also among the cast of untitled Terrence Malick project that was originally titled "Lawless".
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards