Ryan Gosling Eying Busby Berkeley Biopic
Ryan Gosling is circling a biopic about highly-influential director/choreographer Busby Berkeley for his next project. The movie is based on Jeffrey Spivak's book titled "Buzz: The Life and Art of Busby Berkeley" which has been picked by Warner Bros. for a big screen adaptation.
Berkeley was famous for his elaborate kaleidoscopic choreography in a number of musical films and plays. His ornate geometric patterns which often used showgirls are mimicked in many modern films. Berkeley died in 1976 at the age of 80 from natural causes.
Gosling is expected to play the male lead role in the untitled Busby Berkeley biopic. He will also produce the pic with Marc Platt, the producer of the actor's 2011 crime film "Drive". The former Disney star could serve behind the lens as well.
Gosling, 33, was last seen on the big screen in "Only God Forgives" last year. He has just wrapped production on his directorial debut, "How to Catch a Monster", in which he shares screen with his real-life girlfriend Eva Mendes. He's also among the cast of untitled Terrence Malick project that was originally titled "Lawless".
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC