Ryan Gosling Eying Busby Berkeley Biopic
Ryan Gosling is circling a biopic about highly-influential director/choreographer Busby Berkeley for his next project. The movie is based on Jeffrey Spivak's book titled "Buzz: The Life and Art of Busby Berkeley" which has been picked by Warner Bros. for a big screen adaptation.
Berkeley was famous for his elaborate kaleidoscopic choreography in a number of musical films and plays. His ornate geometric patterns which often used showgirls are mimicked in many modern films. Berkeley died in 1976 at the age of 80 from natural causes.
Gosling is expected to play the male lead role in the untitled Busby Berkeley biopic. He will also produce the pic with Marc Platt, the producer of the actor's 2011 crime film "Drive". The former Disney star could serve behind the lens as well.
Gosling, 33, was last seen on the big screen in "Only God Forgives" last year. He has just wrapped production on his directorial debut, "How to Catch a Monster", in which he shares screen with his real-life girlfriend Eva Mendes. He's also among the cast of untitled Terrence Malick project that was originally titled "Lawless".
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?