Sony's 'Powers' Adaptation Finds Home on PlayStation
PlayStation Network is soon entering the original programming business. The PlayStation video game console has ordered its first drama series, "Powers", which has long been developed by Sony Pictures Television based on Image/Icon comics.
The live-action adaptation of Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming's comic book series follows two homicide detectives, Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim, who investigate cases involving people with superhuman abilities. The series reportedly has received a ten-episode order.
A "Powers" TV show had been in development for years with a pilot being made for FX., but it was never released. The new take will feature different cast, with writer Charlie Huston replacing Charles Eglee. Lucy Punch and Jason Patric starred as Detectives Pilgrim and Walker respectively in the FX pilot.
Bendis, Oeming, Huston, Michael Dinner and Remi Aubuchon will executive the new one-hour drama, while Dinner is also on board as director.
More Powers News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic