Sony's 'Powers' Adaptation Finds Home on PlayStation
PlayStation Network is soon entering the original programming business. The PlayStation video game console has ordered its first drama series, "Powers", which has long been developed by Sony Pictures Television based on Image/Icon comics.
The live-action adaptation of Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming's comic book series follows two homicide detectives, Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim, who investigate cases involving people with superhuman abilities. The series reportedly has received a ten-episode order.
A "Powers" TV show had been in development for years with a pilot being made for FX., but it was never released. The new take will feature different cast, with writer Charlie Huston replacing Charles Eglee. Lucy Punch and Jason Patric starred as Detectives Pilgrim and Walker respectively in the FX pilot.
Bendis, Oeming, Huston, Michael Dinner and Remi Aubuchon will executive the new one-hour drama, while Dinner is also on board as director.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation