Sony's 'Powers' Adaptation Finds Home on PlayStation
PlayStation Network is soon entering the original programming business. The PlayStation video game console has ordered its first drama series, "Powers", which has long been developed by Sony Pictures Television based on Image/Icon comics.
The live-action adaptation of Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming's comic book series follows two homicide detectives, Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim, who investigate cases involving people with superhuman abilities. The series reportedly has received a ten-episode order.
A "Powers" TV show had been in development for years with a pilot being made for FX., but it was never released. The new take will feature different cast, with writer Charlie Huston replacing Charles Eglee. Lucy Punch and Jason Patric starred as Detectives Pilgrim and Walker respectively in the FX pilot.
Bendis, Oeming, Huston, Michael Dinner and Remi Aubuchon will executive the new one-hour drama, while Dinner is also on board as director.
- Rihanna Accused of Disrespecting Queen Elizabeth
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money