Sony's 'Powers' Adaptation Finds Home on PlayStation
PlayStation Network is soon entering the original programming business. The PlayStation video game console has ordered its first drama series, "Powers", which has long been developed by Sony Pictures Television based on Image/Icon comics.
The live-action adaptation of Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming's comic book series follows two homicide detectives, Christian Walker and Deena Pilgrim, who investigate cases involving people with superhuman abilities. The series reportedly has received a ten-episode order.
A "Powers" TV show had been in development for years with a pilot being made for FX., but it was never released. The new take will feature different cast, with writer Charlie Huston replacing Charles Eglee. Lucy Punch and Jason Patric starred as Detectives Pilgrim and Walker respectively in the FX pilot.
Bendis, Oeming, Huston, Michael Dinner and Remi Aubuchon will executive the new one-hour drama, while Dinner is also on board as director.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie