'Captain America 3' Writers Hint at 'Psychotic 1950s Cap' Storyline
Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, the two writers who penned "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and will be back for the third one, give a hint at what to expect in "Captain America 3". "All I'm saying is psychotic 1950s Cap," Markus said when pressed to give a tidbit on the threequel.
Before dishing on the possible story arc, the duo was asked if they would like to comb through the comics again to get inspirations while incorporating the open threads left in the second one for the third installment which is set to be directed by the Russo brothers again.
"Oh yeah, you can probably predict some of the threads we would like to pick up again that we've laid out there," McFeely explained to Den of Geek. "And we always go back to the comics and dive back in and look at anything we've missed in the last few years that might be relevant."
Markus added, "We've definitely set out on a more realistic road in the Cap movies, you know. Even more grounded than in the other MCU movies. And so it kind of rules out Cap fighting the Dinosaur Man or something like that. There are some that aren't gonna start and other ones that - I mean there's a couple we're playing with right now that we really want to take elements from. Which we'll not reveal."
"The Winter Soldier" will arrive Stateside on April 4. The follow-up is planned for May 6, 2016 release to open against Superman vs. Batman film, "Man of Steel 2". Chris Evans, who signed a six-picture deal with Marvel, is expected to reprise his role as the superhero.
More Captain America: Civil War News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival