'Captain America 3' Writers Hint at 'Psychotic 1950s Cap' Storyline
Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, the two writers who penned "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and will be back for the third one, give a hint at what to expect in "Captain America 3". "All I'm saying is psychotic 1950s Cap," Markus said when pressed to give a tidbit on the threequel.
Before dishing on the possible story arc, the duo was asked if they would like to comb through the comics again to get inspirations while incorporating the open threads left in the second one for the third installment which is set to be directed by the Russo brothers again.
"Oh yeah, you can probably predict some of the threads we would like to pick up again that we've laid out there," McFeely explained to Den of Geek. "And we always go back to the comics and dive back in and look at anything we've missed in the last few years that might be relevant."
Markus added, "We've definitely set out on a more realistic road in the Cap movies, you know. Even more grounded than in the other MCU movies. And so it kind of rules out Cap fighting the Dinosaur Man or something like that. There are some that aren't gonna start and other ones that - I mean there's a couple we're playing with right now that we really want to take elements from. Which we'll not reveal."
"The Winter Soldier" will arrive Stateside on April 4. The follow-up is planned for May 6, 2016 release to open against Superman vs. Batman film, "Man of Steel 2". Chris Evans, who signed a six-picture deal with Marvel, is expected to reprise his role as the superhero.
More Captain America: Civil War News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?