Keyshia Cole Premieres New Single 'Rick James' Ft. Juicy J
Keyshia Cole has returned with a new single called "Rick James". Featuring guest vocals from Juicy J, the track was premiered during her visit to Power 105's "The Breakfast Club" on Wednesday morning, March 19.
In it, the R&B crooner talks about being tired of her man cheating on her. "Why does it matter now?/ Who can do you better?/ Feet up on your couch/ Yeah, b**ch, I'm Rick James/ Slap a b**ch like Rick James," she sings.
"Rick James" serves as the lead single off her upcoming sixth album which is expected to arrive later this year. In a new interview with Fuse.tv, Cole revealed that her yet-to-be-titled record wouldn't feature guest appearances from female musicians.
"Not this time around," she told the site. "Maybe we'll do a remix or something with a female. We can always explore those options, I thought about that. But as far as just being on the album, no."
In the same interview, Cole also talked about another new track called "Next Time". "It's about being in a relationship, experiencing the downs of the relationship and not wanting to go there again, of course," she explained. "[It's also about] giving your heart away and allowing somebody to be able to be that close to you where they can hurt you."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival