Keyshia Cole Premieres New Single 'Rick James' Ft. Juicy J
Keyshia Cole has returned with a new single called "Rick James". Featuring guest vocals from Juicy J, the track was premiered during her visit to Power 105's "The Breakfast Club" on Wednesday morning, March 19.
In it, the R&B crooner talks about being tired of her man cheating on her. "Why does it matter now?/ Who can do you better?/ Feet up on your couch/ Yeah, b**ch, I'm Rick James/ Slap a b**ch like Rick James," she sings.
"Rick James" serves as the lead single off her upcoming sixth album which is expected to arrive later this year. In a new interview with Fuse.tv, Cole revealed that her yet-to-be-titled record wouldn't feature guest appearances from female musicians.
"Not this time around," she told the site. "Maybe we'll do a remix or something with a female. We can always explore those options, I thought about that. But as far as just being on the album, no."
In the same interview, Cole also talked about another new track called "Next Time". "It's about being in a relationship, experiencing the downs of the relationship and not wanting to go there again, of course," she explained. "[It's also about] giving your heart away and allowing somebody to be able to be that close to you where they can hurt you."
More Keyshia Cole News
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer