Chris Pratt Explains Star-Lord and Yondu's Relationship in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
Peter Quill and Yondu are associates in "Guardians of the Galaxy", but how did they meet and become allies? Chris Pratt, who plays the self-proclaimed Star-Lord, and Michael Rooker, who is tapped to portray Yondu in this film, explain their backstory.
"He's very much a kid at heart," Pratt said as quoted by Comic Book Movie. "He's never known his father, he's sucked away into space just as his mother dies and is raised by a blue-skinned humanoid. He has spent all his life being told to toughen up and has a false sense of bravado as a result."
"But deep down he is lonely, and while he's a guy traveling in space getting to do whatever he wants, he misses his family, his community, and through the course of the story he learns to care again and that there's more to life than just taking and doing exactly what you want."
Rooker added, "It's a beautiful story, a great uplifting story and I found the relationship between Quill and Yondu intriguing. He went to pick him up from Earth and for some reason he decided not to take him where he was meant to go and raised him himself. He made a connection with him, and Yondu now enjoys the fact that Quill has the courage to do his own thing."
The film directed by James Gunn is due August 1 in the U.S. Zoe Saldana plays Gamora, Dave Bautista portrays Drax the Destroyer, Bradley Cooper lends his voice to Rocket Raccoon, and Vin Diesel voices Groot. Lee Pace stars as Ronan the Accuser, Karen Gillan as Nebula, Djimon Hounsou as Korath, and Benicio del Toro reprises his role as The Collector.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie