Duke Porn Star Belle Knox Says Sherri Shepherd Was 'Incredibly Condescending'
Belle Knox, a freshman at Duke University who pays her $60,000/year tuition by being a porn star, has expressed her opinion after appearing on "The View" on Monday, March 17. In an interview with HuffPost Live on Tuesday, Knox said that she was hurt by Sherri Shepherd.
"She made the comment that I was breaking her heart, which was incredibly condescending, and completely ignored my sexual autonomy," she said. Knox, whose real name is Miriam Weeks, also noted that "the questions were posed in a bit of a judgmental tone."
Knox, however, felt that she found a friend in Whoopi Goldberg. "But Whoopi Goldberg - I got a 'right on' from Whoopi Goldberg ... when I said my comment about how sex workers are the untouchables of society and that I'm sick of it," she explained. "And she actually gave me a hug afterward."
Knox made headlines this month because of her controversial job. She talked about her porn career on a blog and a fellow student later revealed her identity. In an interview with FOX 411 on Wednesday, she said, "He's a good person. At the end of the day its between me and him. I don't want him to be harassed."
The 18-year-old student added that she planned to continue her education and porn gigs despite death threats and hateful comments. "It's kind of scary that people would take it that far," Knox shared. "But I can't let that stop me from doing what I want to do."
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease