L'Wren Scott's Death Ruled as Suicide
The death of designer L'Wren Scott was ruled as suicide by hanging, a spokesperson for New York City's medical examiner's office confirmed on Wednesday, March 19. "The manner of death was determined to be suicide," said the spokesperson, Julie Bolcer, as quoted by CNN. The officials also said that Scott's remains had been claimed.
Scott was found dead in her Manhattan apartment by her assistant on Monday. Her longtime boyfriend Mick Jagger was in Australia with The Rolling Stones when the news broke out. The legendary group has postponed their seven-date tour in Australia and New Zealand following the sad news.
Drummer Charlie Watts said that he and other members were "completely shocked" by the sudden passing. "No one saw this coming. Mick's always been my soul brother and we love him. We're thick as thieves and we're all feeling for the man," Keith Richards stated. "We really hate to disappoint our fans, but we'll see everyone really soon."
"This is such terrible news and right now the important thing is that we are all pulling together to offer Mick our support and help him through this sad time," Ronnie Wood added. "Without a doubt we intend to be back out on that stage as soon as we can."
As reported by Daily Mail, Jagger appeared to be unwell following his girlfriend's death. "He's holding up. He's OK. He's not really well. He's not really here. It was such a shock," Watts was quoted as saying.
Scott's fashion company reportedly was heavily in debt before she committed suicide. According to fashion critic and the late designer's friend Cathy Horyn, Scott had planned to close her business. "She was with friends on Sunday night, and, yes, they were deeply concerned about her, but, no, they didn't think she would do something so desperate. Not L'Wren," Horyn said in a moving tribute published on New York Times on March 18.
More Mick Jagger News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test