Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin Reunite for Netflix Comedy
Jane Fonda is reuniting on-screen with her "9 to 5" co-star Lily Tomlin. The two veteran actresses are set to star on Netflix original series "Grace and Frankie" created by "Friends" co-creator Marta Kauffman and Howard J. Morris ("Sullivan & Son").
The 13-episode comedy series focuses on longtime nemeses Grace (Fonda) and Frankie (Tomlin) whose lives are turned upside down when their husbands announce they are in love with each other and plan to get married. The women then find that their lives are permanently intertwined and, much to their surprise, they find they have each other.
"Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are among the funniest and most formidable actresses ever and it's an incredible privilege to give them the opportunity to run riot on Netflix," says Ted Sarandos, Netflix Chief Content Officer. "The show created for them by Marta and Howard is warm, very funny and anything but wholesome. We can't wait."
Skydance's David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross will executive produce the single-camera comedy. Ellison adds, "Working with the wonderfully talented Marta, Jane, Lily, Howard and their producer Paula Weinstein is a dream come true, and the story they have crafted is both hilarious and heartfelt."
Two-time Academy Award winner Fonda has a recurring role on HBO's "The Newsroom". On the big screen, she was recently seen in "Lee Daniels' The Butler". Tomlin, meanwhile, has won five Emmy Awards, including one for narrating HBO's documentary "An Apology to Elephants". She was a series regular on ABC's short-lived comedy "Malibu Country" starring Reba McEntire.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce