Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin Reunite for Netflix Comedy
Jane Fonda is reuniting on-screen with her "9 to 5" co-star Lily Tomlin. The two veteran actresses are set to star on Netflix original series "Grace and Frankie" created by "Friends" co-creator Marta Kauffman and Howard J. Morris ("Sullivan & Son").
The 13-episode comedy series focuses on longtime nemeses Grace (Fonda) and Frankie (Tomlin) whose lives are turned upside down when their husbands announce they are in love with each other and plan to get married. The women then find that their lives are permanently intertwined and, much to their surprise, they find they have each other.
"Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are among the funniest and most formidable actresses ever and it's an incredible privilege to give them the opportunity to run riot on Netflix," says Ted Sarandos, Netflix Chief Content Officer. "The show created for them by Marta and Howard is warm, very funny and anything but wholesome. We can't wait."
Skydance's David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross will executive produce the single-camera comedy. Ellison adds, "Working with the wonderfully talented Marta, Jane, Lily, Howard and their producer Paula Weinstein is a dream come true, and the story they have crafted is both hilarious and heartfelt."
Two-time Academy Award winner Fonda has a recurring role on HBO's "The Newsroom". On the big screen, she was recently seen in "Lee Daniels' The Butler". Tomlin, meanwhile, has won five Emmy Awards, including one for narrating HBO's documentary "An Apology to Elephants". She was a series regular on ABC's short-lived comedy "Malibu Country" starring Reba McEntire.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger