'The Giver' First Trailer Features Katie Holmes, Taylor Swift, and Meryl Streep
The very first trailer for a new young adult book adaptation, "The Giver", has arrived online. Katie Holmes, Taylor Swift, Jeff Bridges, Brenton Thwaites, and Meryl Streep are seen in this video. The sneak peek also teases the plot which revolves around a dystopian society where there is no pain and conflict.
"From great suffering, great pain came a solution," Streep who plays Chief Elder explains in a voiceover. "Communities, where disorder became harmony." However, "the way things look, and the way things are, are very different," warns Bridges' memory-bearing character.
In this film, Bridges' The Giver is training a young protege, Jonas, played Thwaites. The boy has a seemingly-perfect life and family with Katie starring as his mother and Alexander Skarsgard as his father, but his life is turned upside down after he sees what's inside his mentor's mind. During their brief memory-exchanging scene, Swift is flashed across the screen.
The film is adapted from a 1993 novel of the same title by Lois Lowry. Phillip Noyce serves as a director. The Weinstein Company has booked August 15 as the movie's release date in the United States.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake