'The Giver' First Trailer Features Katie Holmes, Taylor Swift, and Meryl Streep
The very first trailer for a new young adult book adaptation, "The Giver", has arrived online. Katie Holmes, Taylor Swift, Jeff Bridges, Brenton Thwaites, and Meryl Streep are seen in this video. The sneak peek also teases the plot which revolves around a dystopian society where there is no pain and conflict.
"From great suffering, great pain came a solution," Streep who plays Chief Elder explains in a voiceover. "Communities, where disorder became harmony." However, "the way things look, and the way things are, are very different," warns Bridges' memory-bearing character.
In this film, Bridges' The Giver is training a young protege, Jonas, played Thwaites. The boy has a seemingly-perfect life and family with Katie starring as his mother and Alexander Skarsgard as his father, but his life is turned upside down after he sees what's inside his mentor's mind. During their brief memory-exchanging scene, Swift is flashed across the screen.
The film is adapted from a 1993 novel of the same title by Lois Lowry. Phillip Noyce serves as a director. The Weinstein Company has booked August 15 as the movie's release date in the United States.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says