'The Giver' First Trailer Features Katie Holmes, Taylor Swift, and Meryl Streep
The very first trailer for a new young adult book adaptation, "The Giver", has arrived online. Katie Holmes, Taylor Swift, Jeff Bridges, Brenton Thwaites, and Meryl Streep are seen in this video. The sneak peek also teases the plot which revolves around a dystopian society where there is no pain and conflict.
"From great suffering, great pain came a solution," Streep who plays Chief Elder explains in a voiceover. "Communities, where disorder became harmony." However, "the way things look, and the way things are, are very different," warns Bridges' memory-bearing character.
In this film, Bridges' The Giver is training a young protege, Jonas, played Thwaites. The boy has a seemingly-perfect life and family with Katie starring as his mother and Alexander Skarsgard as his father, but his life is turned upside down after he sees what's inside his mentor's mind. During their brief memory-exchanging scene, Swift is flashed across the screen.
The film is adapted from a 1993 novel of the same title by Lois Lowry. Phillip Noyce serves as a director. The Weinstein Company has booked August 15 as the movie's release date in the United States.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt