Johnny Weir on Marriage Split: 'I've Been Sad for a Long Time'
Johnny Weir broke the news that he and his husband Victor Voronov had split. The Olympic figure skater announced on Twitter Wednesday, March 19, "It is with great sadness that I announce that my husband and I are no longer together. My heart hurts, and I wish him well."
Weir and lawyer Voronov were married in New York in 2011 on New Year's Eve. Weir said once that they had been going out for only a month before tying the knot in a small civil ceremony. Speaking of the marriage to Access Hollywood, Weir said, "A marriage between two guys is different than what I imagine a marriage between a man and a woman [to be]. I mean, we're both constantly trying to fight to wear the pants in the relationship. ... It's constant fireworks. It's very boom, boom, boom."
Voronov filed for a police report in January and alleged that Weir bit him during altercation. However, the couple put a united front in Lyndhurst Municipal Court to ask the judge to dismiss the case earlier this month.
Weir had actually hinted about the separation on Tuesday when he tweeted, "A sad announcement is coming soon, and the only people I wish to speak with are @TheEllenShow and @Oprah." But he later deleted the tweet. He later said in a statement to Radar Online, "I have been sad for a long time. And unfortunately don't foresee a way to resolve our current marital issues."
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016