Johnny Weir on Marriage Split: 'I've Been Sad for a Long Time'
Johnny Weir broke the news that he and his husband Victor Voronov had split. The Olympic figure skater announced on Twitter Wednesday, March 19, "It is with great sadness that I announce that my husband and I are no longer together. My heart hurts, and I wish him well."
Weir and lawyer Voronov were married in New York in 2011 on New Year's Eve. Weir said once that they had been going out for only a month before tying the knot in a small civil ceremony. Speaking of the marriage to Access Hollywood, Weir said, "A marriage between two guys is different than what I imagine a marriage between a man and a woman [to be]. I mean, we're both constantly trying to fight to wear the pants in the relationship. ... It's constant fireworks. It's very boom, boom, boom."
Voronov filed for a police report in January and alleged that Weir bit him during altercation. However, the couple put a united front in Lyndhurst Municipal Court to ask the judge to dismiss the case earlier this month.
Weir had actually hinted about the separation on Tuesday when he tweeted, "A sad announcement is coming soon, and the only people I wish to speak with are @TheEllenShow and @Oprah." But he later deleted the tweet. He later said in a statement to Radar Online, "I have been sad for a long time. And unfortunately don't foresee a way to resolve our current marital issues."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby