Johnny Weir on Marriage Split: 'I've Been Sad for a Long Time'
Johnny Weir broke the news that he and his husband Victor Voronov had split. The Olympic figure skater announced on Twitter Wednesday, March 19, "It is with great sadness that I announce that my husband and I are no longer together. My heart hurts, and I wish him well."
Weir and lawyer Voronov were married in New York in 2011 on New Year's Eve. Weir said once that they had been going out for only a month before tying the knot in a small civil ceremony. Speaking of the marriage to Access Hollywood, Weir said, "A marriage between two guys is different than what I imagine a marriage between a man and a woman [to be]. I mean, we're both constantly trying to fight to wear the pants in the relationship. ... It's constant fireworks. It's very boom, boom, boom."
Voronov filed for a police report in January and alleged that Weir bit him during altercation. However, the couple put a united front in Lyndhurst Municipal Court to ask the judge to dismiss the case earlier this month.
Weir had actually hinted about the separation on Tuesday when he tweeted, "A sad announcement is coming soon, and the only people I wish to speak with are @TheEllenShow and @Oprah." But he later deleted the tweet. He later said in a statement to Radar Online, "I have been sad for a long time. And unfortunately don't foresee a way to resolve our current marital issues."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie