'Pretty Little Liars' Creator Teases Season 5: Reunions and Homecomings
"Pretty Little Liars" has just wrapped up its fourth season, but already ABC Family releases a teaser for season 5. The footage doesn't give a clue at the storyline but the video poses the question that is raised following the season 4 finale, "Is Ezra alive?"
Series creator/executive producer Marlene King, meanwhile, shares more details of the upcoming season via a message on pllsneakpeek.com. which can be unlocked by entering the code: Marlene TellsAll. "Hey 'Pretty Little Liars' fans, it's Marlene King and I've got your spoilers," she opens the audio message.
"Here's what you can expect this summer on 'PLL': It's a season of reunions and homecomings and now that Ali's back, an army will be mobilized, but 'A's' not in it. Lucas will leave his bunk beds and head back to Rosewood High, and an unexpected 'PLL' will spiral with her boyfriend. Don't miss the summer premiere Tuesday, June 10 at 8/7 central find out if the Liars escape from New York."
It's not clear why the Liars want to escape from New York since they're in Philadelphia the last time fans saw them.
"PLL" ended its fourth season with more twists although Ali has opened up about what happened the night she disappeared. [SPOILER ALERT!] Turns out it Mrs. DiLaurentis who burned Ali alive, but the girls can't expect an explanation from Ali's mother after she's murdered.
Meanwhile, Ezra risked his life to save the Liars by taking a bullet for them. Asked if Ezra's heroic action would end Ali's suspicion that Ezra was the one chasing after her, Sasha Pieterse says, "I think that now that we've seen the finale, I don't think she was referring to Ezra. I mean we obviously made it seem like that, and there might have been a point where she might have thought that it was Ezra, but she definitely doesn't feel like it is now."
Ian Harding additionally hints that his character will return in season 5, coyly saying, "I did sign a contract for the fifth season."
"PLL" season 5 premieres Tuesday, June 10 at 8/7c on ABC Family.
More Pretty Little Liars News
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- BET Awards 2017: Beyonce Dominates Full Winner List
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- Is Nicki Minaj on Safaree Samuels' Side in Meek Mill Beef?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'